+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Women! I need your wisdom!!!

Women! I need your wisdom!!!

I am currently very confused with this situation and was hoping there were some women out there who might be able to help me gain some insight into the intracacies of the female mind.

I have known this girl for maybe 5 years, and recently I have started to like her more and more, but I have been unable to try to do much with her since she currently has a boyfriend. Sometimes, she seems to like him a lot, and others, she seems to wish she wasn't with him.. They don't get along very well a lot of the time, however, I'm afraid she will stay with him just because of the sense of security and stability that comes with being in a relationship.

Anyway, the main source of my confusion occurred one night a few weeks ago. We were both at a party (with alcohol) and her boyfriend was away. I was trying to spend as much time as possible with her, not to try and "hook up" or anything, merely to have some fun with her and get her to like me though personality, humor, beer pong prowess, etc.

She seemed to be enjoying my company, until all of a sudden, once everyone was fairly drunk, she changed from being completely happy and having a good time to suddenly seeming depressed and worried. I spent some time with her, trying to find out what was wrong, at which point she rested her head on my shoulder. I managed to find out after some talking that the source of her dismay was that she was worried about what her boyfriend would think about her after she went to a party and got drunk while he was away. I tried my best to comfort her, though I was feeling pretty awkward about it. A while later, most people were going home, and we ended up in the same car. I'm not sure who initiated it, but fairly early into the ride we were suddenly holding hands, and both kept it that way until it was time for her to get out.

So, my question is: does this mean she has any feelings for me? Or am I merely a sturdy rock for her to lean on and trust when she's feeling down? Or did it have nothing to do with me, and she would have acted that way if anyone had been in my place? I realize the female mind is one of the most complicated paradoxes of modern and ancient science, but I'm hoping there are a few wise women out their who can try and clarify this for me. Thanks in advance.

hmm, probably, cause people usually act whatever she wants to act like without any boundaries after being drunk.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopefullguy View Post
    once everyone was fairly drunk, she changed
    Fantastic, she was drunk.

Yeah, I'm sure she was givin' off some real good signals.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    No, it doesn't mean anything. Other than that hand-holding providing her with temporary emotional support while she worried over what her boyfriend would think

WOW.
    Major sense of deja vu. I mean MAJOR
    After reading that I thought you were somone i knew! (until the holding hands part, because up until that point I was the girl and you were the 'other')

I'm in the exact same situation as this girl and from MY perspective, yes she has feelings for you.

However, without knowing the entire context I can never tell for certain. Go with the flow.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by miSSleepy View Post
    Go with the flow.
    Yeah, and see how she reacts when she's sober.

Lol I feel bad doing this, but I have to ask just in case this is some crazy coincidence. Any chance you could post what state you live in, MiSSleepy? Or your age? Or any other would-be inane fact about you that could help me just cover the bases and make sure you aren't the same girl? If not, I completely understand, I know how dangerous it can be revealing information on the internet these days.

I have to ask just in case this is some crazy coincidence
    Wow, that would've been awesome eh?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Something went terribly wrong

Lol yeah, chances are so unbelievabley slim though that I'm not even going to get my hopes up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Yeah, and see how she reacts when she's sober.
    Well, upon reading this I decided to add some more info. I see this girl almost every day, and we get along great together. We laugh lots, share opinions, and enjoy each other's company. She has even gone so far as to drop hints around her boyfriend that I would be a much better boyfriend, or that she and I had decided to take our friendship to the next level (always in a joking manner though.) Including the information from my first post, does this change the situation in your all's opinion at all?

To be honest, I've never been fond of a girl that would leave a relationship for me. If she'd be willing to leave her current boyfriend because she found someone better, why would she not leave you for someone better?

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    does this change the situation in your all's opinion at all?
    No, not really.

My question still stands.

More specifically, would she be all lovey-dovey with you if she were sober?

Lol I feel bad doing this, but I have to ask just in case this is some crazy coincidence. Any chance you could post what state you live in, MiSSleepy? Or your age? Or any other would-be inane fact about you that could help me just cover the bases and make sure you aren't the same girl? If not, I completely understand, I know how dangerous it can be revealing information on the internet these days.

Haha don't worry I'm not her for 2 reasons:

- you held her hand (mine wasn't held)
    - and you're talking about states, which implies you're American. I'm not American.

although, if I was her and you were, ah, him
    MAN what a way to find out!
    Last edited by miSSleepy; 31-08-07 at 11:33 AM. Reason: error

Lol yeah that woulda been insane. Thanks for the info, definately couldn't be you then. Good luck to you anyway though, I can definately sympathize with your situation, lol.