+ Follow This Topic

Thread: First exam tonight :(

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

First exam tonight :(

I have my first exam tonight, they call them prelims. It's for bio, and the questions are hard as ****. I've been up until about 2:30am every night studying with the posse. I ****ing hate some of my lab TAs, they are so anal I want to shove a hot iron rod into their anus in exchange for all the pain they cause me. I take a 30 question assignment and get everything right but don't explain myself well enough for a ****ing math question in calc, and lose about the equivalent of 10 percentage points... I find out last night that I am suppossed to know the chemical structures of an assload of organic molecules who are identified by their trivial (aka useless) names, know some bullshit membrane models that aren't even accurate (aka outdated), and the evolutionary relationship between every ****ing type of organism to ever exist. The professor just pulled that out of his ass.

Now you have kids taking adderall and drinking coffee until hell freezes over because they curve the test so no matter how well you do you still suck, and study harder than the other kids so that you can maybe at least hit the class mean. And then the TAs think it's cute to make you feel worthless about all the work you put into your last lab by telling you how you completely failed to adhere to their arbitrary format, yet all of your work is OK.

I had to vent nw so I don't beat the shit out of TA when I see her at the exam tonight. Thank you

good luck!

i hated ta's too.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    That blows. Good Luck!
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

DM, I swear to God there's a special destiny for every evil TA on the planet, and it just may well involve a hot iron rod up their anus.

I feel for you. Hope you do well.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    The TAs do what the course professor tells them, FWIW. If in doubt, *always* explain your steps in a calc. If you don't, and you're right then full marks. But if you're wrong... then at least you have the chance at some part marks.

Hope you do well. Good luck.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yay, they posted the answers online. I got 46 out of 56 points. Which doesn't tell me shit until I know the standard deviation.. I know for chem and math they try to make the average around a 60%, but don't know for bio

Gaaaahh! That's too far a margin for security!
    Spammer Spanker

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeaaaah boy! They are giving me 2 points back on that test because one of their answers was wrong on the key. When I saw what they had as the right answer last night I started going apeshit because it was... well, wrong!

Class average was a 63% from what I hear