+ Follow This Topic

Thread: In love with your best friend (not gay)

In love with your best friend (not gay)

Dunno if any of u saw my last post but today,I had the chance to tell her or grab her hand ,but I didnt.Because I was scared what would would happen to our friendship if we broke up.Should I keep her as a friend or go for it and hope?
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

oh forgot tomention,we have been friends for more than a year and a half(roughly)
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

Do you feel as if she is interested in you too? At all?

Tone Guest
    I know the feeling.

Many years ago me and my best friend were in a similar position. Both of us were nervous about it because our friendship was just so strong that we didn't want to.. jeopardize it. We ended up going for it, dated for 3 great years, had a rough breakup. But 4 years after the breakup we're still best friends to this day.

One of the reasons we decided to go for it is because both of us have always had this feeling that no matter what happens we'll always be in each other's life. So far so good.

My advice would be to go for it. It's a risk worth taking, I think, beause of the potential of something so beautiful. I think your SO should be your best friend. If it ends up tearing your friendship apart maybe it wasn't as strong as you had thought, or maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Either way you don't want to always look back and wonder what could have been.

Edit: Is she even interested in you romantically?

Quote Originally Posted by Tone View Post
    I know the feeling.

Many years ago me and my best friend were in a similar position. Both of us were nervous about it because our friendship was just so strong that we didn't want to.. jeopardize it. We ended up going for it, dated for 3 great years, had a rough breakup. But 4 years after the breakup we're still best friends to this day.

One of the reasons we decided to go for it is because both of us have always had this feeling that no matter what happens we'll always be in each other's life. So far so good.

My advice would be to go for it. It's a risk worth taking, I think, beause of the potential of something so beautiful. I think your SO should be your best friend. If it ends up tearing your friendship apart maybe it wasn't as strong as you had thought, or maybe it just wasn't meant to be.

Either way you don't want to always look back and wonder what could have been.

Edit: Is she even interested in you romantically?
    that's enlightening. wow.

I don't think he should do anything unless she has romantic feelings as well.

I think she does,her friends told me that she feels the same way,but I don't know if they are winding me up

I was in the same position and went for it, she did not feel the same way, we managed to stay friends but not best friends, ultimatley we stopped talking, she got a bf i got a gf, and we didnt really need eachother anymore. Both still happy but we realized our friendship could never be the same. It depends on the situation give sum more clues as to why you think she likes you and we can better help you decide

well shes very flirty on msn,as I said her friends seem to be telling the truth(But you can never tell).she just sends out the right signals.I can catch her watching me a lot from the other side of the room ,but when I look at her she just smiles the goes back to what she was doing.A bit difficult to tell,but shes always been quite shy ,even with her last boyfriend.that was about a year ago that she split up with him and we still make fun of him every now and then.But yeah I know her really well , but I'm not an expert unlike u guys so...

if she smiles and looks away that could be a sign that she's into you. Have a talk to her without being too confronting, ie. just mentioned the prospect of taking her out on a date etc. and don't be too serious and solemn. Hopefully your good humour will set her at ease and she won't feel pressured if she has to decline you - but I don't think she will decline you.

Tedel Guest
    I found this list: you can compare her attitudes to it for a start, don't you think?

[url]http://www.singles-advice.com/she-likes-me.htm[/url]

I am in a quite similar situation, so let me know what happened at the end. The only difference is that K and I have been friends for about 15 years, so I guess I have more to lose than you.

ah ty guys,very enlightening feel a lot better,a weight off my mind and all.I'll let u know what happens tedel