+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What do women...

What do women...

...like to talk about? What are areas of interesting discussion?
    I really dont know what to talk about sometimes. I get this awkwardness. I dont want to talk about boring subjects but something that is lively and interesting. Any helpful suggestions?
    I want a girl who likes to talk. ......I just dont know what to say sometimes and would rather just listen.

We like to talk about other women when they aren't around.
    Spammer Spanker

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Try some variation of this question game; it never fails to get the girls talking at my house:

Of the following three couples, which one do you think will last the longest? (list three)

Of the following three guys, which one do you think would make the best boyfriend?

Of the following three girls, which one is most likely to flirt with another girl's boyfriend?

etc...
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    too true.

Check what interests her then ask her questions related to those... Then just listen. Girls just dont stop talking if they're very interested with the topic, and seldom are those guys who really listen...

Personally? Video games, programming, small animals, roleplay... No, I guess I don't count as normal. XD What do normal girls talk about... Well, I speak with people about whatever we have in common, really. I guess some conversation is just there to be there, so yeah, I'll agree with ashscottish on this one. Ask a girl about her interests, and there will be talking. But listen and ask meaningful follow-up questions.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonchild View Post
    Personally? Video games, programming, small animals, roleplay... No, I guess I don't count as normal.
    If I hadn't already found her, I'd've thought you'd be my dream girl a couple years ago.

what I like to talk about depends who I'm with. But usually:
    about us (the person I'm with and myself, our interests etc)
    current issues/contraversies etc
    about writing/reading/books we're read
    computers
    music
    and yeah, I admit, other people, but not trivial gossip.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Try some variation of this question game; it never fails to get the girls talking at my house:

Of the following three couples, which one do you think will last the longest? (list three)

Of the following three guys, which one do you think would make the best boyfriend?

Of the following three girls, which one is most likely to flirt with another girl's boyfriend?

etc...
    I've known this to be true, but never wanted to believe it

Because I don't think that I could ever talk about these topics for more than 2 minutes without killing myself

But is that what you talk about with other guys? I mean, I know girls like to gossip, but what exactly is it you are talking about when it is just you and some guy you like? I see couples or people becoming couples all the time, looking at eachother all cute-like, and wondering "What the **** are they talking about?". So I guess this question is a little different from the OPs. Even though I don't have a way with words, I'm still curious

All me and my old homies used to talk about were video games, guns, money issues, the news... Then again there were never any girls around

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    All me and my old homies used to talk about were video games, guns, money issues, the news... Then again there were never any girls around
    Lets be friends.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't kid yourself, doesn'tmatter... males like to gossip, too. I've played a variation of that question game with teenage boys, and it gets them talking, too. Sure, they start off pretending they are too cool to play along, but once one boy has an opinion, they all do.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    If I hadn't already found her, I'd've thought you'd be my dream girl a couple years ago.

It's okay, you scare me anyway, old man. =)

...Joking. XD;

This could be a good question for me to answer, since almost all my friends are guys, but I may not be a good example of what the 'normal' girl would talk about in my situation.

The reason I'm friends with guys? It just happened that way, but I don't like talking about what I'm going to buy when i go shopping, what I wore to the last party, what kind of lipgloss I wear, who's going out with whom, losing weight etc - all of which I constantly hear girls talk about.

With the guys - I love it, especially that they can sometimes be unpredictable. Things can swing from food to guns within 5 minutes.
    We talk alot about our opinions on things, how we believe things should be done etc. Again, current matters pop up. And the rest is just pretty random, like what we've done since we've seen each other and what we're going to do, what our plans are etc.
    I've also had conversations with them about our lives, how we see them at the moment, what we're going to do in the future, discuss university, work.
    All in all, more stimulating conversations than I have with females

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Don't kid yourself, doesn'tmatter... males like to gossip, too. I've played a variation of that question game with teenage boys, and it gets them talking, too. Sure, they start off pretending they are too cool to play along, but once one boy has an opinion, they all do.
    I'm actually being quite real. I know most males like to gossip, and it actually annoys me. I can't STAND it when guys gossip about other people behind their back. It's mad weak talking shit about someone when they aren't even there to defend themselves against the mockery... Pisses me off.

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Meh, depending on what questions you ask, it need not be gossipy, and you can learn quite a bit about people based not so much on the answers they provide, but on the dialogue in between.

For example, "of the following three candidates, who do you think can offer the people the best leadership" would spark discussion over what three candidates can offer. See what I mean?

Of the following three characteristics, which do you think promotes the most lasting relationships?

etc, etc.

(I can keep teenagers busy for hours.)
    Last edited by vashti; 11-10-07 at 11:28 AM.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast