+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Friend or Girlfriend?

Friend or Girlfriend?

Hey all,

I'm 16, I'm a boy and I started to like a girl (16 aswell) in the past week (I knew her from school, but we didn't talk much first), we've become quite good friends in this week, we've had lots of laughs together etcetera. I really like her, and it seems that she likes me aswell, but I can't tell.

Now I've heard lots of different things from friends. one said that she likes me, but she's uncertain if I like her. Another friend says 'just go for it and see what happens'. And even another one has talked to her, and it seems she had problems with her previous boyfriend.. According to him she likes me and she things I'm nice and cute and she just wants to be friends with me, because the friendship can be messed up after the relationship...

Now what should I do? Should I ask her for a date? Is it better to just talk about it together?

Thanks.

if it was me, i'd ask her out for a date but not delving seriously into her. the date is supposed to flirt with her, why don't u raise your value with her 1st. if she's into u, nothing you or she does will ever change the attraction she had over you.
    happy, and still keep on happy'ing

Go for it. Don't let this opportunity pass you up and fall too deep into the friend zone. You may really regret it and be like "damn I wonder what could of been". I've had it happen to me with this girl I really liked. I did nothing. A year or so later we were just talking and it was like yeh I used to like you and she felt the same back then, though she currently has a bf. You can't lose much.
    Last edited by Jbleezyj; 22-10-07 at 12:54 PM. Reason: typo

You should just treat her like a normal friend and ask her directly. If you wanted to hang out with your brother, would you have asked him directly or would you have had someone else ask him on your behalf? In whatever that you do, stay true to yourself, be honest be brave, and have fun with it! Good luck!

thanks for all the advice, and thank you luthur1, I think it's the best thing to do, just tell her directly and talk about it.

I'll have a go at it soon