+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Back to basics: how to ask a girl out

Back to basics: how to ask a girl out

So I'm a sophomore at college, and there's a girl that I know from one of my classes, and through someone else. We've spoken... like twice so far. But its hard to approach her in class because she sits in another corner with her girl-friends, and I have no clue what she does outside of class.

I have her on facebook and just got her on Aim. I'm wondering what I could do to ask her out... besides through the extremely inefficient method of AIM'ing.

Don't say "Just do it" because that's kinda awkward. I barely know her.

yes just do it .. even you barely know her ...

you just said it, you barely know her. Get to know her a little bit first. Having her on facebook is a good start. Just send her an IM, something non-confrontational...find something to comment about her profile, her interests etc. Start up a conversation over IM and that way talking to her in person will come easier because it's just the logical next step.

After you've interacted with her a bit, just suggest you do something together, but you don't have to call it a fate. If she likes you, things should just go naturally from there.

I agree with Missleepy, you got be her friend first before you can even think about asking her out. Get to know her and the vice versa. After you and her become good friends, ask her out as you would if you were asking your normal friends out. If this was meant to be, then it will happen when the right time comes. Good luck!

Being friends with a girl first is practical but at the same time risky.
    You need to establish that you want more as soon as you meet her using hints.

About asking her out... Just like people here said, JUST DO IT. So she blows you off, so what? There are plenty of girls in this world and there are new ones born everyday

Ok. But what's the "excuse" for asking her out? Developing a friendship probably takes time... in my case since we're both incredibly busy people. I mean, I know we are both huge coffee drinkers, but still, I need some sort of excuse to ask her out to coffee.

I'm pretty confident once I get her out, I'll be able to swing it. But the question is what excuse should I use??

You like her. Isn't that excuse enough? You don't need one. Ask her out to coffee. If she asks why, tell her that you think it would be fun. Class is not life.

why in the first place u asked her out, think again.. IT'S BCOZ U WANNA KNOW HER, THAT'S THE POINT OF ASKING HER OUT
    but like others said, get 2 know her 1st but don't make her thing u r one of her gurlfren, coz u wanna go far than that
    happy, and still keep on happy'ing

ask her out to coffee or dinner , if she asks why? tell her for know eachother more ... if she asks what for? answer I like just like you ... See its easy

Tedel Guest
    Agree: Just do it. Just tell her you have found her "interesting" (at least here, women love to hear this word because it shows a non-lustful interest in them) and that you want to get to know her a little better.

No going dutches is the natural following tip: you have to treat.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Pacino View Post
    ask her out to coffee or dinner , if she asks why? tell her for know eachother more ... if she asks what for? answer I like just like you ... See its easy
    If it was that easy, this site wouldn't exist.

Coffee's alright, but dinner's too blatant

This is so lame... I have the courage to challenge the CEO of Citigroup and the Finance Minister of India, but I'm having so much trouble talking to a damn girl.

"Class is not life"... unfortunately for us, or at least me, Class IS life. haha. Yet that is not to say I'm not up for dating...

BLAHHHHHHH. K take a deep breadth. Ok.

Treating her to coffee the first time, isn't that a little too blatant? I think that's awkward
    Last edited by Off2College; 31-10-07 at 02:58 AM.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post
    This is so lame... I have the courage to challenge the CEO of Citigroup and the Finance Minister of India, but I'm having so much trouble talking to a damn girl.

"Class is not life"... unfortunately for us, or at least me, Class IS life. haha. Yet that is not to say I'm not up for dating...

BLAHHHHHHH. K take a deep breadth. Ok.

Treating her to coffee the first time, isn't that a little too blatant? I think that's awkward
    Hasn't changed much at 25, so good luck.

My job is to challenge the ideas of a multi-millionaire CEO every day. Having all the anxiety in the world about asking Amanda out this afternoon.

Just do it. Worst case--she says no.

At least, that's what I'm telling myself.

*high five* Mathias

Good luck to you man. We'll both need it.

But I'm sure it'll turn out well.

Quote Originally Posted by Off2College View Post

If class is life, where's the room for the girl? =)

And coffee, I think, is one of the least awkward things /ever/. Seriously. It's casual, and a good opportunity for conversation. I can't think of anything that'd be less awkward.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast