+ Follow This Topic

Thread: read.

read.

No matter what happens remember those who you love and love you will influence your life and you ultimately in the end, influence each other into the people you become. Too many people resort to down right hostilities when they find they cannot make a relationship work. This is absolutely the wrong way. I know this sounds trite and like a cliche' but honestly think about your actions with another person, then think about what YOU are doing and how it will effect their life then worry think about what it will do to your life as well. If you look at the standard rates of relationships failing just in the US alone, there are quite a few embittered people out there now. I saying this to not try and preach nor do I possess all the answers, I am a human being just like the rest, I am no better than anyone else and people need to be treated with respect and the biggest lacking element in the world nowadays is emotional maturity. Seems that some people just enjoy destroying another persons life and they are truly sick from what most likely has occurred to them in either childhood or a past relationship. So take a moment and think how your actions and words will affect someone around you.

RA

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Ahh, robert... I am afraid this thread will provoke a flaming war.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I am truly sorry if it does but I must speak the truth even if it happens to be from my perspective.

Ah, one more thing, yes I do understand fully that every relationship is as different as the people in them as well as how people decide to advance their relationship or end it, just a little kindness and thought before action is all I am saying.

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Angier View Post
    So take a moment and think how your actions and words will affect someone around you.RA
    I think it is good to acknowledge that what you do affects others..but if you always live worrying about what others will think about you, what will happen if you accidentally forget to chuck that piece of paper in the recycling bin (for example), and have to watch everything you say because you fear it might hurt somebody's feelings..you are going to be living for everyone else and not yourself. You will never be able to achieve that to begin with..like they say.."you can't please everyone". It's great that you are trying to consider everyone's feelings, i commend you for that..but don't live life like your walking on egg shells cos you'll die an unhappy man Rob. You'll find someone who will treat you right..not everyone is emotionally immature and embittered..don't live by statistics.
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Thank you for the kind words, yes that is something that has been considered. I try not to worry about what others think of me. I try and only let those that really know me see me, are the ones that matter most in their opinions of me.

RA

Self Vs Selfless

That war it seems will never end
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Ahh, robert... I am afraid this thread will provoke a flaming war.
    i'm actually in a good mood today so i'll leave this be.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I agree.I think some people can be selfish by saying it wont work,and it is cruel if they wont even discuss the reasons why with you.I have just been in this situation,well its abit diferent because we erent actually dating,we went on one date but we spoke to each other everyday for afew weeks,and he said he thought he was too busy so didnt think it would work.I dont know why he couldnt have said i will see you when i have time,not i dont think its going to work.He hasnt discussed it since then and i do feel like i was led on because of how he acted at first

Quote Originally Posted by Robert Angier View Post
    Too many people resort to down right hostilities when they find they cannot make a relationship work. This is absolutely the wrong way.
    I totally agree! I've only had one serious relationship so far (it lasted 4 years and ended very recently), but I did everything I could to make it work. Unfortunately he suddenly decided he didn't want to contribute anymore ... I am very sad and bitter about what happened, but I'm not going to take it out on my next relationship. Instead, I'm going to seek for somebody who will be willing to meet me halfway there in making it work. I believe there are still people like this out there. I hope I'm not wrong

No, you are not wrong do not give up hope

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tend your own garden & others will come to admire the blooms.