+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Beating around the bush..?

Beating around the bush..?

So about a month ago i found this girl on facebook that i used to go to school with. We were pretty good friends but we lost contact after school and i haven't seen her in many years.

After many messages back and forth i asked if she wanted to go for some dinner so we can catch up better, she did say yes fortunately. But somehow it has not happened yet, and it's been a month already. I have not been pushy about the issue. I keep the messages light on other subjects.

She said shes busy with Midterms, then once midterms was over, she said she had to finish her term paper. So last night i decided to ask her once she was done with that if she was still up for the plans that we agreed on a month ago. Her reply was
    "hahaha i know i'll get my break when school is over man just thinking about finals...i'm not ready for that but yeah man to much things going on right now."

At this point i am really confused, first she says yes. now it seems like shes beating around the bush all the time. Wth is going?

wow same situation with me... I'm in college too, and I've asked a few girls and they have done the same thing to me.

I think if they don't call you back, then there probably arent going to be any sparks

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I hate to say it, but if a girl is *really* interested, she will fit you in to her schedule, even if that means cancelling something else.

I'm afraid it would be best to forget about this one.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i understand, but why would she say yes in the first place if she wasn't interested. that's what's confusing me mostly haha. shit!

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm not sure... maybe she wasn't sure how to say no initially. Anyway, if you back off and she actually DOES like you, she will advance.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

yes, that's it as far as I believe... People don't turn you down for coffee/dinner because asking someone to coffee is a friendly gesture, not a romantic move. Imagine how immature it would be if someone turned you down for coffee because they "think" you asked them out to a date...

I've just been through it.I went on a date with a guy,we spoke every day for a few weeks,i've known him for two months now,then just over a week ago he said he didnt think it was going to work out coz he is too busy.Which is a ridiculous excuse,as loads of people have jobs,hobbies,e.t.c but still make time to see someone.so yeah as someone said,they mustnt be that interested anyway because if someone was interested they would make time to see you.it did upset me coz we have alot in common,and i havent known anyone else i've had as much in common with,but it annoyed me that he ended it and wasnt willing to give it a chance so i cant be bothered with him anyway now,and am keeping busy with other things

I always say life is too short to fall out wth people or say you are too busy to see someone and not make an effort with them

He did actually say after the first date that he was looking forward to seeing me again,and with the way he spoke he made it sound like he wanted to start a relationship,so i felt led on really,and even if he had only wanted friendship,i still felt led on because now he has ended it anyway,and it was ended for nothing really

Ok so messaging back and forth again, she decided to ask me if i have a "better half". So i said no, in return. At least in my opinion i'd ask her if she was seeing someone. She then said she just recently got out of one, and she said shes stressing...oh man none of this is very good for me is it..

it seems she is not interested .. so try to move on
    Last edited by Al Pacino; 07-11-07 at 03:54 PM.

If she were interested she would be able to fit you in to her time, but seems like maybe she just wants to be friends.

who knows? they haven't even met yet-- they could hit it off if they met, not much you can do over txt really. Personally I think she does want to meet, but she's not dying to or anything, and possibly she's the type who's really dedicated and serious about her education- maybe over the Xmas or Easter hols? if she's not worth the wait, then don't wait, simple.

she was excited to hear from you at first....and now she is having second thoughts. if shes interested, she will show it after school is out of her mind. but that doesn't sound like thats all that is on her mind.

haha i certainly hope so she'll make up her mind once the holidays come around and school ends.