+ Follow This Topic

Thread: stupid. stupid. stupid.

stupid. stupid. stupid.

i dated this guy for a year.

i am totally in love with him.

he breaks up with me in a text message (doesn't seem like him).

now he wont talk to me.

completely ignoring me.

acting really weird about all of this.

not acting like himself AT ALL.

deleted me on myspace and the whole bit.

im not even sure why he broke with me. all he said was "weve grown apart" but i dont see that being true. the day before we were fine.

he wont say anything else about it.

none of this sounds like him.

what could make him act like this?

any idea on what happened?

i REALLY love him. im not sure why it happened like this.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    is this your cry for help in the form of a generic story??

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

him doing that just meant he's been emotionally detached for a lot longer than you thought. Been there done that myself. No sense beating your head against the wall or chasing him for answers, because you wont get enough to feel like you can close that chapter. You have to let go.

When they do that, its a sign of weakness for one and two they know if they do it in person we cry our asses off and they feel so bad so they hang on for longer. Just be thankful he did it now rather than years longer like mine did after 10 yrs.

lastly try not to take it too personally.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Maybe he met someone else.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Nobody goes from a totally fine relationship to the exact opposite contrast of not talking and ignoring. Something has been building inside of him over time and he now somewhat expresses that (by ignoring you and not honestly saying). It's not something that happened over night. It has been building for a while.

Some people just don't know how to cut others off their life, I guess this is his way of saying "I don't ever want to talk to you or have anything to do with you" But it's weird though u dated this guy for a year, there just be SOME respect there, that was totally immature of him, he should grow some balls and tell u straight out what happened.

In my oponion, he's not interested anymore...u should move on, sounds painful but it's life!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

I like you would also demand a damn answer. I'd be like "A TEXT MESSAGE?!?!? WHAT THE F?!?!" lol but seriously breaking up in a text message is lame. And I'd like a talk about what happened if was a long relationship like a year also.

i think anyone who breaks off a relationship via text message is a total coward. it is just the most cowardly thing to do. i'd never want to get back with someone who broke up with me because i know for just one second they didn't want to be with me completely and that alone is enough for me to say "hey i deserve better". this obviously hasn't happened over night..it's impossible. it's probably been brewing inside of him for quite some time until he finally decided that he couldn't commit anymore..that doesn't make him a bad person..but he shouldn't have gone about it the way he did. you want answers..but he clearly isn't going to give them to you. a lot can change in such a short period of time and you need to understand that people do grow apart and you can't control it. you love him still but i dont think he feels the same way about you. just say whatever you have to say to get some closure..he doesn't have to say anything..just get everything out of your system: scream, cry, ask questions, vent whatever..just make sure he hears you. its gonna take some time to get over it..he doesn't deserve you anyway. best of luck to you xoxo
    "We all take different paths in life, but no matter where we go, we take a little bit of each other everywhere."

Quote Originally Posted by sine24 View Post
    i think anyone who breaks off a relationship via text message is a total coward.

Eh, my foster sister broke off with the last guy via text message because she was afraid he'd insist on continuing the relationship and talk her out of it in her emotional distress, or get half pissed off 'cause he has a slight temper. The guy proceeded to call thirteen times, eventually got my foster brother on the phone, was generally pissy and got himself hung up on twice, having insulting him and calling him a liar when he said she'd gone to bed by then (which she had), and eventually told him to have her call when she "gets the balls" to talk to him. But even after our brother hung up again, he tried calling back. So he turned the phone off. XD So she calls him up the next morning. He doesn't pick up, so she leaves a message, saying sarcastically how much she appreciated him insulting our brother, why couldn't he just take it like a man and wait for her to call him back when she was awake again. I haven't heard anything about the guy since, and I'm glad. XD;; Might have been a little cowardly in a way, but she was freaked of doing it in person for a reason. Text messages have their place. XD
    Last edited by Moonchild; 09-11-07 at 02:27 AM.

You say it's "not like him" to do this, but I think the evidence is there. It IS like him, because that's what he's done. You just don't want him to be like this.

I think it's terrible that he didn't have the cojones to do this like a man. He broke up with you like a little bitch. Do you know what this tells me? That he is a little bitch. Actions speak louder than words, and they even speak louder than the voice of denial inside your own head that says, "No! I didn't fall in love with a little bitch!" Yeah, ya did.

I'm not unsympathetic. I've had brushes in the past with the Ball-less Wonders of the world. It's really hard to get past, because nobody wanto to come to terms with the fact that they've been dumped in such a dismissive and humiliating way. We want closure. We want respect. We want a ****ing explanation.

You will continue to puzzle about this until you're completely sick of it. I don't think you will EVER get what you're looking for from this guy, but someday, you will move on.
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 09-11-07 at 05:29 AM.
    Spammer Spanker

This makes me think two things.
    Either he met someone else or he's scared things have gotten too serious.
    Men have a better way of letting go from what I've experienced.
    They can break up with someone they love through a text and be fine with it.
    But you also have to consider the context...how old are both of you? Have you noticed anything else strange lately? Maybe he has been moving away from you a lot longer than you think you were just too scared to admit it.
    I would say give it time. And if he doesn't come back into your life, at least you'll know you've made it that far without him

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Maybe he met someone else.
    I thought the same thing
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    He broke up with you like a little bitch. Do you know what this tells me? That he is a little bitch.
    Hahahaha! +1

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    We want a ****ing
    Yes. Hell yes