+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Just started dating again after a couple years, signals?...

Just started dating again after a couple years, signals?...

Good evening all,

I've just started dating again after a two year hiatus (getting career in order, moved to new state, etc), and I met a really awesome woman. We've been on a first date already (at least, I'm fairly confident it was a date). What I'm rusty at is picking up signals that a woman is interested. Here are the signals (I think) I've caught:

Lots of eye contact, both before the date night (we both attend a criticism group) and during.

She laughs at my dry sense of humor (which is dry as a stiff martini, actually...).

She said she enjoys hearing my stories during the date, and actually made an effort to stop talking to find out more about me (I'm a very good listener, and I really do enjoy listening to what she has to say). She also complimented my shirt.

We have a scary amount of stuff in common, from musical taste to hobbies, religious beliefs, etc. Also, every time one of these commonalities would be revealed, she'd get a big smile on her face.

After dinner we went for coffee and chatted some more on a comfy coffee-shop couch. By the end of the night our legs on the couch were touching, and I was resting my arm on her leg. We hugged goodnight, but there was no kiss (partly, I think because she was getting over a cold). It wasn't a terribly long hug.

All together, I think the conversation was going almost non-stop for about six hours. She did most of the talking; but as I said, I like to listen

So, my fine ladies, what do you think? Will there be a second date? We've talked about going out again, but we were both pretty busy this week with the holidays and our jobs that nothing definite has been planned. She called me & we chatted for about forty minutes last night, but there was no mention of what might come next (either from me or her). She said she'd call me later, so I guess the ball's in her court.

Many thanks for any sagely advice

~BoG

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she called you to chat for forty minutes, that was your opportunity to ask her if she wants to get together again. She called you last time... don't wait for her to call you. Be proactive.

And yes, I believe it sounds like she'd date you again.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    If she called you to chat for forty minutes, that was your opportunity to ask her if she wants to get together again. She called you last time... don't wait for her to call you. Be proactive.

And yes, I believe it sounds like she'd date you again.

Happy Thanksgiving.
    Sorry, I forgot to mention I had already asked her a couple days prior. We were supposed to meet up again at that criticism group, but it was canceled, so I called her to see if she'd like to do something else (she had family commitments, it turns out). We talked about meeting up for lunch, or after work, this week, but we were both pretty well booked up this week with Thanksgiving, etc.

It's looking good, BoG. I suggest you make sure the next encounter is a definite date. That means dinner. Kiss her, or face the dreaded Friend Zone.
    Spammer Spanker