+ Follow This Topic

Thread: HELP with girlfriend, she is about to leave me

HELP with girlfriend, she is about to leave me

This is my first post on this forum and I am just looking for some advice with my girlfriend.

My girlfriend and I have been together for about 7 months now. Our relationship has been great except for I have made some mistakes along the way. A few months ago my Ex called me and we talked for a little bit just catching up on things, we even talked about my girlfriend and how happy I was. Well then she began to call me once a week. And I ended up meeting up with her just as friends and I felt horrible about it. I was afraid she would tell my girlfreind so I continued to talk to her on a weekly basis just so she would not screw things up with my love. Well, she did, and not only did she tell my girlfriend about how we met and had been talking, she told her a whole bunch of other crap! that was not even true. She told her that I would say I love you to her on the phone, and that my family didnt like her and that I really was unhappy with my girlfriend. I beleive my ex is doing this to break me and my girlfriend up because she still has something for me. Now my girlfriend is pissed and wants to leave me. She is hurt and mentions this to me about every 10 minutes. I think she may leave me and I do not know how to show her that most of what my ex is saying is total bullcrap.

Please help me deal with this. I know meeting with my ex and talking to her was wrong. My girlfriend actually met with ex last week behind my back so she is also at fault as well. I just dont know how to prove to her that I love her and show her I do not give a damn about my ex and I dont care if i ever see her again, other than to just ask her to marry me. I dont want to ask her for the wrong reason but I am sorry and want to be with her forever. Even if my girlfriend leave me I will never talk to my ex again.

I'm sorry to tell you this but whatever you do now, would not make her trust you again.You screw up big time!

This are times when I wonder how guys can be so awwwwww I'm not even gonna say it. What's done it's done, hope u learn your lesson! And I'm sorry if I sound mean. It's just that I get annoyed by things like this, if you really like how things are going in a relationship, WHY mess things up by talking & meeting with an ex?

The only thing left for me to say is:give ur gf time! Cut off all connections with ur freaking EX and show your gf you love her, I don't know how ur gonna do that but do it fast. Personally I would have broken up with you since that happen!

Hopefully someone can give you more of an advice! I got nothing*
    God never closes a door without opening another one!

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance
    Quote Originally Posted by smoak View Post
    I know meeting with my ex and talking to her was wrong.
    Why? You said you met with her as 'Just Friends'. If thats true, then you are not at fault. While I wouldn't recommend meeting with your ex-, there is certainly nothing wrong about it. And if your girlfriend doesn't believe you and she won't listen to you when you calmly explain it to her, then you shouldn't be with her. Plenty of (better) fish in the sea my friend.

Quote Originally Posted by smoak View Post
    My girlfriend actually met with ex last week behind my back so she is also at fault as well.
    What is it with you people? Do you all need approval from your S.O.'s before you can do something? If I had to do that with a girl, I would dump her in an instant. "Girlsnamehere, can I please go see my mother this weekend?"... She's not at fault and neither are you. You don't own each other.
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.