+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do i learn to trust my gf

How do i learn to trust my gf

I'm 27 and my gf is 25 and i've been having trust issues with her ever since i fell in love with her. We've been going out for nearly 2 years now, and it wasn't until about 6-7 months ago that i began to have these thoughts in my head. She has never lied to me, nor has ever done anything for me not to trust her.

I'm constantly thinking, what shes doing, who shes with, and who shes talking to on the phone. These thoughts only make me frustrated and angry towards her at times, and i have no idea why.

I read some articles and books, but i still seem to have these issues. When i'm with her, i'm ok. But when i'm not, i start thinking about all sorts of things.

I have had bad relationships in the past, and i discussed that with her.

Anybody have any suggestions on building trust?

I suggest you recognize that this is a YOU problem and try to get yourself into some kind of therapy to deal with your intimacy issues. It's not a trust issue. It's an intimacy issue. A commitment issue.
    Spammer Spanker

Well to be honest with you, if you've been together for about 2 years, and she's not betrayed your trust in that time, what makes you think she would do it now?

I think you just need to recognise that this is YOUR mind, and as long as you know that and deal with it without making her feel as if she's doing something wrong you should be fine.
    [.. I shall call him squishy, and he shall be mine, and he shall be my squishy! ..]

Quote Originally Posted by sickstunna78 View Post
    I'm 27 and my gf is 25 and i've been having trust issues with her ever since i fell in love with her. We've been going out for nearly 2 years now, and it wasn't until about 6-7 months ago that i began to have these thoughts in my head. She has never lied to me, nor has ever done anything for me not to trust her.

I'm constantly thinking, what shes doing, who shes with, and who shes talking to on the phone. These thoughts only make me frustrated and angry towards her at times, and i have no idea why.

I read some articles and books, but i still seem to have these issues. When i'm with her, i'm ok. But when i'm not, i start thinking about all sorts of things.

I have had bad relationships in the past, and i discussed that with her.

Anybody have any suggestions on building trust?

Sounds like you are insecure of yourself... as if maybe you think shes sees you inferior to other men??? ever think like that?

i use to but then realize that it is not true.