+ Follow This Topic

Thread: advice NEEDED

advice NEEDED

this mite be long...but cant summarize it rite now.
    basically im going out with this guy for atleast 7 months now. i really love him. he completes me in every way. unfortunetly we are both from different cultures and different countries, but we met studying. the thing is that ive never liked committment, but i am somehow thinking oto much about it. he mite be leaving for home in a year or so, while i stay in the states. i am 20 and he is 22. for some reason, the deal of wht will happen to us once we are done has popped out twice... i think we have no future after he leaves, but i feel like i fell for this guy already. leaving him now iwll hurt, leaving him them will hurt too.
    i dont know wht to do, wht to tell him, is it worth still going out with him if its going to end? or am i thinkin so much and i should just enjoy "carpe diem" the best days i've ever had?
    i am so confused

If I were in your position, I'd enjoy what I have. It's going to hurt either way, isn't it? If you're both enjoying what you have now, I see no reason to break up for something that's going to happen. That's like breaking up with someone because they're probably going to be dead before they hit 100. >> But what does he think? In this case, if you break it off, it's best as a mutual decision to do so. Otherwise, as I said, just enjoy what you have for now.

Quote Originally Posted by gerry4 View Post
    or am i thinkin so much and i should just enjoy "carpe diem" the best days i've ever had?
    Yes. You carpe that diem until there's no diem left to carpe.

Life hurts, and there is no avoiding it. People do all manner of crazy things, thinking they can protect themselves from this, and it never, never works. The best they can do is make themselves as isolated as possible to avoid loss. Sound stupid? It is, and so is the idea that you would even question whether or not it's "worth" it to keep seeing this guy.

Yes, he's going to leave. That sucks, and you're both young enough that it would be insane to expect to stay together after that, but do NOT let that stop you from loving him.
    Spammer Spanker

You have one option, and two consequences:

1.Start something now, knowing you'll suffer later on! Even if it sounds painful, you may enjoy the present and keep the good memories.

2.Srart something & hope for change! You never know what a day brings forth, so just take it. He may change he's point of view, you have no idea what love is capable of doing to a person!
    God never closes a door without opening another one!