+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Dating best friends sister?

Dating best friends sister?

Hey this is my first post on this forum. I hope you all can help me. I am good friends with my best friends younger sister and have known her for a few years. Well me and my ex broke up about 2 months ago and me and my friends sister have started talking some and hanging out. I am afraid that I risk taking my friend ship with my best friend into danger if I was to get into a relationship with his sister. Although me and her have alot in common and always have fun around each other I do not know which way to go. Anyone else have any advice or personal experience in this situation? Thanks.

my boyfriend knew my brother long before we hit it off. He sincerely asked my brother if it was okay with him first. I guess it could seem kind of old fashioned but I found it really sweet.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    2 months ago huh?? well you're still on the rebound unless you've already given up on your past.

look at things this way, the girl in which you seek, you have opened up on to her and she thinks that this is very sweet. she has seen a side of you that she probably never expected to see. another thing that comes to mind, she probably has admired you without you knowing it. lucky bastard.

but yeah, i would first talk to your friend about it because girls can very well separate two friends, but when it comes to a sister, it can get ugly.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Anyone else have any suggestions or personal experience about a situation like this?

Tedel Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Tiay View Post
    my boyfriend knew my brother long before we hit it off. He sincerely asked my brother if it was okay with him first. I guess it could seem kind of old fashioned but I found it really sweet.
    I agree with her on this one. No matter how old-fashioned it could be, you'd better ask. If not, you may really have troubles.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    My sister married my brother's best friend. It was/is sometimes awkward, because my brother sometimes has to be reminded that the marriage is the primary relationship now (rather than the friendship), but for the most part, my brother got over it.

Talk to your friend before you do anything, and if you date his sister, only do so if you REALLY think there is potential for something long-term.

EDIT: how old are you all?
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

My friend is 21, I am 19, and his sister is 17. I think I am going to keep it as just friends between me and her and just become better friends. I do not want to take the risk of ruining my friendship with him, her, or their family. It is too important to put at risk.