+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Okay...interpret this please

Okay...interpret this please

Mentioned this part before, but a reminded--go to visit old friend who acts like a total jerk during my visit (last summer). Mis and others confirm for me that "with friends like that, who needs enemies?"

Okay, since then...the guy keeps calling (just an old high school buddy). I was so pissed after that trip to visit, that I really don't want anything more to do with him.

I think something has changed about him. Please, tell me...does this sound like he's on coke He's late 30's and single. Remains very thin. Eats dinner at like midnight...hardly eats during the day. When he does eat, he'll either pig out or eat sparingly.

1. Has an eight month relationship with a woman but Friday night he stays at home by himself. Says that he needs his "alone time" then and all week long, too.

2. Says he's at office until 10 pm every night. Yet, behind on meeting his responsibilities.

3. Irritable over things. An girlfriend dissed him about 3 years ago and if she even comes up in conversation, he'll go off on the situation for about ten minutes; still harbors deep hatred of her.

4. Has distanced himself from old friends.

5. Known him for 30 years but increasingly I feel as if he lies to me.

6. Admitted that other friends have been telling him that he's changed and that he's self-centered. But, initially denied this.

7. Despite making a very high salary, has less than $20,000 net worth.

8. Will talk over you and get very excited in the conversation when he talks over you to make his point.

Your thoughts?

Could be a cokehead, could just be an asshole. Here's the thing: cokeheads don't hang out alone, they usually are very social creatures. Do you know who this guy has been hanging out with?
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If you are concerned for his well-being, I would suggest you ask him outright: WTF?

Some of his behaviour sounds like typical Type A personalities I know, esp the 'talking over' stuff. I'm not sure how you are privy to his financial info, esp if you aren't close friends. Could be he just moved all his investments someplace, prepping for a US market crash.

The relationship stuff isn't too odd. I know a few ppl who are bitter about things that happened long ago. Some ppl never forgive.

The work habit stuff sounds suspect. He may be surfing the net from 6 - 10 pm for all you know. Or, if he is making a large salary, it may be true & he is just unable to prioritize.

The signs are there, tho for a potential addiction I suppose. Tho I tend to be wary of reading into things too much. Not necessarily drugs, could be gambling, stock market losses... or nothing at all except too much stress. You need to find out more if you want to help.