+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sports bras

sports bras

recently one of my boyfriend's roommate made a snide comment about what i wear to the gym. granted everything he says is snide because the F***tard's gf lives in Ohio and he's in Florida going to school and she's F***ing insane; he has a good reason...
    anyways i work out everyday from anywhere to 1-2 hours.. cardio and weight training. and when i run i wear a sports bra and cheerleading shorts. so do guys see this as slutty or that it's looking for attention? and if so why is that?

thanks!

It's hard to say without a picture. The mental image is going either way. Do you have an example of what the complete product looks like?

Though, just wearing a bra to cover your top can be considered a little slutty, because it really exposes you. One might say, how is this different to for example wearing one at the beach? It's different because of time and place. At the beach everyone is wearing one and the pupose for going to the beach leads to it. Wearing only a bra to cover your top at the Gym, instantly makes you the focus of male attention and seperates you from most of the other girls in there. It can be considered attention seeking by some people. Besides, you don't need to catch sunlight at the Gym, something less revealing maybe in better taste.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

i don't know. it's waaaaaaaaay less than what i would wear to work out. but i guess if you have the body to pull it off why not. your boyfriends roommate probably can't keep his penis under control when he sees you in that, which is probably why he made that comment.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    It's hard to say without a picture. The mental image is going either way. Do you have an example of what the complete product looks like?

Though, just wearing a bra to cover your top can be considered a little slutty, because it really exposes you. One might say, how is this different to for example wearing one at the beach? It's different because of time and place. At the beach everyone is wearing one and the pupose for going to the beach leads to it. Wearing only a bra to cover your top at the Gym, instantly makes you the focus of male attention and seperates you from most of the other girls in there. It can be considered attention seeking by some people. Besides, you don't need to catch sunlight at the Gym, something less revealing maybe in better taste.
    its not so much for catching rays... but more because i hate the feel of a wet shirt on me, and i use my shirt to wipe of the boob and back sweat... i do it more for comfort than for advertisement... my boyfriend doesn't care as long as my rear end isn't showing... i'm more curious of do guys see this as like an open invitation and if so than why? i could care less if others guys look... i just like mine to keep staring...

i wonder if he minds that you dress in your bra in front of his friends..

Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    i wonder if he minds that you dress in your bra in front of his friends..
    well its a sports bra... so it covers more than a bathing suit... and his friend was saying this in front of him... soooo wait im still confused... do guys think this is slutty and why?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    LOL, my friends & I call these gals "Gym Divas". The ones who wear makeup & do their hair to exercise. Not saying that's you, but that's the image came to mind.

I wear a sports bra to workout. Have to, b/c I run & go hard when I'm exercising (no point wasting time, lol). If I don't the bouncing makes my breasts ache later.

But I wear a loose shirt over top. Running shorts if hot, pants if not.

Do you have a LuluLemon near you? They have some nice workout clothes.

[url]http://www.lululemon.com/[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by IndiReloaded View Post
    LOL, my friends & I call these gals "Gym Divas". The ones who wear makeup & do their hair to exercise. Not saying that's you, but that's the image came to mind.

I wear a sports bra to workout. Have to, b/c I run & go hard when I'm exercising (no point wasting time, lol). If I don't the bouncing makes my breasts ache later.

But I wear a loose shirt over top. Running shorts if hot, pants if not.

Do you have a LuluLemon near you? They have some nice workout clothes.
    lol i think thats the usual image people get, i sport the nappy hair piled on top of head fixed with a face full of salty drippy sweat... i need to check out this web site... thanks

personally, i think it's too little clothing. but i'm a pretty modest dresser.

Quote Originally Posted by laurenpelkey View Post
    its not so much for catching rays... but more because i hate the feel of a wet shirt on me, and i use my shirt to wipe of the boob and back sweat... i do it more for comfort than for advertisement... my boyfriend doesn't care as long as my rear end isn't showing... i'm more curious of do guys see this as like an open invitation and if so than why? i could care less if others guys look... i just like mine to keep staring...
    I think it can be considered as an advertisement by some people, even though it's not the intent. You may be sending the wrong message out. And some guys will consider it slutty as well because to some people this kind of behaviour comes of as attention seeking, even though your bf may be okay with it.

I like Indi's idea with loose shirt on top, practical.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Younger guys frequently think everyone is after them, so of course they will view this as an invitation.

I wouldn't go out like that because I wouldn't want anyone to misinterpret my intentions. I HATE people talking to me when I am exercising, and you would be more likely to catch me wearing a big, ugly T-shirt that said "keep the f*ck away".
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

i do the MP3 player and intense stare at the wall... if you dont make eye contact they dont come near... i was curious of other people's opinions on this

Wearing it at the gym is fine. On the way to the gym is not. At your boyfriend's house is not.

If you're not actually working out, do NOT wear workout clothes. If you are actually working out, your boyfriend's roommate has no business whatsoever even giving you a second glance, let alone commenting on your attire.
    Spammer Spanker

yeah, put some clothes on girlfriend.

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Pretty sure I need pictures to fully judge the situation.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast