+ Follow This Topic

Thread: is it leading someone on or just assumptions ?

is it leading someone on or just assumptions ?

i'm in high school, and it's a small school so everyone knows everyone. even though i'm a girl, i hang out with a lot of guys sometimes because they're not as judgmental and while i'm not doing that whole playing dumb flirty shit with them, they all treat me really well and flirt with me. I have a lot of girl friends too, and i can find a steady balance between it.

thing is, i met a guy a few weeks ago on a school trip and we hit it off - became friends, IM, text etc and of course saw each other everday. i noticed when i would say things like "oh, i see you hate me!" as a joke & he would reply "no, not at all. opposite." and things like that. I have NEVER made any remark about being together, but instantly all his friends thought we were hooking up. he'd tell me that he told them "not right now, but who knows about the future" etc. I never have said a word about doing anything with him - i just wanted to be friends.

so this week, before break, i talked to him but didnt spend excessive time around him. yesterday he told me, when i asked how he was, "i guess i'm ok...confused about things" and i knew he was talking about us. sometimes, m yguy friends joke around, calling me a tease or a flirt or that i lead on guys. the thing is, i don't lead on guys - they make assumptions.

how can i fix this? i don't want to hurt his feelings, but honestly we're too different in certain areas and it just wouldn't work out.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Males usually interpret any kindness whatsoever as sexual interest. If you don't believe me, read this:

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/20235-oral-sex-just-cleaning.html[/url]

If you don't want him to think you are interested, stop being so friendly. Casually mention you never intend to have a boyfriend hanging off your neck, and stop flirting with him. I know it means nothing, but many males have difficulty with the concept of casual flirting.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I no what you mean. You have that personality I think where it is just natural to you to flrit around with guys. Some guys will understand but most wont, try to get this guy to understd.

I'm not arrogant, I don't think i'm gods gift to women but if a girl and I click really well, stare deep into each others eyes, flirt, smile around each other all the time I always assume theres some potential there. For me its hard to have real close girl FRIENDS....its different when i'm dating someone but when i'm single its just hard to recognize the difference