+ Follow This Topic

Thread: New Year's Eve PARTY

New Year's Eve PARTY

Well as I stated before in my other topics, I was gonna go solo, cause of some mishap which I couldn't control with my dance partner / date for the night.
    I wasn't expecting much on this day, just a time to have some fun with dancing and just talk to some new people, so that I'm not bored out of my mind.
    After the dinner, which was about after 10pm, I decided that I should just ask someone to dance, cause I really didn't care If I make an ass out of myself, because I didn't feel like sitting on my ass this whole time was gonna make any improvements.
    I approached someone and she appreciated it and I taught her some Latin Steps ( Merengue) , so that we wouldn't have to do the same steps as everyone was doing.
    I showed her a basic steps and she really got into it and I led well enough that it actually was pretty fun for the two of us, after we were done, she said that, "You are a good man", which boosted my confidence.
    I after to dance with a lot more variety of girls, teaching them the basic steps in ( Merengue, Rumba, Cha Cha, Samba, Salsa, etc ).
    I know that I probably knew that they wouldn't catch on as quick, but as they were dancing I was telling what to expect next and how they should count the beat.
    I just wanted to stand out, try different stuff from approaching besides just asking and dancing side to side like an idiot or doing hundreds of spins all the time like I have no idea what I'm doing.
    After I took a break, I just started talking to some of the girls that I have danced with, and they actually were pretty nice about it.

I also started to talk to girls that had dates, while were around my table, just to stir up some conversation and gain more confidence as usually.

Overall I came with pretty low expectations, but as the night went on, I decided that since I paid for my ticket, I was gonna use this day as practice to overcome some fears of mine.

As the night was coming to an end around 2:30am, I hesitated to ask for a phone #, but then I figured that I'll just attempt it to the ones that I had fun talking or just dancing on the floor.
    I managed to get 2 phone #s, which was a nice appreciation of my respect to them and that I just wanted to have some fun as intended.

I think that most guys that have trouble with women, because they just try too hard, like I have before, and this time I was myself and took it with ease and not bother to get caught up in the rejection aspect and ask someone else.

P.S. I think that my shyness is finally starting to go away, my approach was getting better every time I asked someone new.

Sounds like you had a great time mate.

The girl I'm trying to get with went to poland on new years eve, so she couldn't make the party me and our friends were having. Quite glad she wasn't their though as loads of people were being sick, Some random people started smoking, even though they've never done it before. Loads of fun, but messy in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Sounds like you had a great time mate.

The girl I'm trying to get with went to poland on new years eve, so she couldn't make the party me and our friends were having. Quite glad she wasn't their though as loads of people were being sick, Some random people started smoking, even though they've never done it before. Loads of fun, but messy in the morning.
    This friend that didn't come yesterday was also Polish like me, guess some things just happen for a reason.

Ah, your polski?

Awesome, you lived in Canada all your life, or emmigrated from polska?

Quote Originally Posted by Envy View Post
    Ah, your polski?

Awesome, you lived in Canada all your life, or emmigrated from polska?
    Born in Poland, and Lived there for 4 years, moved to Italy for 2, then to Montreal and finally stopped in Ontario. Eventually I visited my home around 8 years old and haven't been since in a long time.
    My speak more English than Polish, but still understand it more than when I try to speak it.

P.S. Even in my sig, I say I'm Polish

\/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/ \/

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Yeah mate, I'm sorry I never noticed.

Dude, Polish girls are so awesome. I had to say that...

Best thing is, that they're usually hot and very kind to whoever they meet
    Most of the time when I speak to someone who else polish, there's less pressure in getting rejected, and just talk or have a fun time.

P.S. Gotta love them europeans.
    Last edited by Kromat; 02-01-08 at 10:02 AM.

=> Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by kromat View Post
    Best thing is, that they're usually hot and very kind to whoever they meet

P.S. Gotta love them europeans.
    She's been blowing hot and cold for awhile, but it's like she's interested but there's something holding her back. Like family issues or something. She says she just wants to be friends, but I've looked up body language recently, and it's like.. dammn! I think things are clicking into place abit more now.

Anyways, she's the one I spend 15 hours a week in the gym for.

We're so alike, I think we need to go on MSN and chat a little, cause It's scary.
    I recently have been working out for 1hr each day with 1 rest day, doing stretches, holding positions to tighten my weak areas.
    I've actually getting into a routine, where I don't want to stop my progress, because I'm feeling great and shedding those pounds and gut that it's giving me more confidence and not having to worry about my appearance, but just focus on the approach and what I'm going to say.
    This girl from my dance class, I say has given me a change in life, that I can strive to be better.
    I even asked her out and just clicked because I really felt comfortable about what I was going to say.

P.S. MSN - [email]kromat@live.ca[/email]
    Last edited by Kromat; 02-01-08 at 11:10 AM.

=> Auguste Rodin