+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How do you read his moves?

How do you read his moves?

I'm having a pretty serious dilemma right now and I really appreciate any advice I can get. So here's the story, it's going to be a little long but please bear with me

We met online, I posted something and he replied to my post and we decided to meet up right away that night. On my post I said I'd like to take things slow, he thought it was a great idea and that was just what he was looking for. So he came over and picked me up and we went to get some dinner before meeting with his friends at a bar. We hit it off nicely, he drove me back home, made out a little and he took off at 4am.

For the next 2 weeks we dated and saw each other almost every day, I slept at his place a few times but we never had sex because he said "it's funner that way" I didn't really care so we just fooled around. During that 2-week frame that we dated, he opened up to me, telling me a story about his ex that's a year younger than me (I'm 21 and he's 27) screwing him up badly, when he wanted to break up with her she started creating this whole story about her being pregnant, so he thought well, I had to marry her and he got all stressed out about the whole ordeal, and then after a while, one day she said that she just had an abortion and asked if she could spend the night there. In short, he later found out that she basically is a psycho and lied about everything. He also said that he had never been with a girl for a serious relationship as long as I did (I was in a serious ltr with a guy for 2 1/2 years and he even proposed -yes, I told him about it-)

And then after about 2 weeks of hanging out a lot, one night after we had dinner at his condo we lie down and started talking, he said that his company is being sold and he wanted to move to Vegas. I was heart broken because I liked him a lot, I told him face-to-face that it sucked because I was starting to like him. He said "don't" and "we only know each other for a couple of weeks" so after that night we decided to just be friends, we hung out a few more times, I spent another night there (no incident whatsoever, it was just a cute sleepover, a cuddle buddy I guess)

So it's been a little over a month now since we met. I was down with the strep throat from Dec 26th so on the 30th he called me and asked me if I wanted to go out to get some air. He said that I looked really nice and cute, etc. We ended up doing some grocery shopping, dinner and even went to the movies. He asked me if I had any plans for the New Year's eve and I said no since all my plans fell apart because I was sick so he asked me if I wanted to go to a couple of parties with him and I said yes. He even asked me if I wanted to go snowboarding with him on Dec 31st in the morning, I had to resist because I was still sick. Oh, and he even bought me a Christmas present which I really didn't expect. He said that he remembered me saying that I liked taking bubble bath so he bought me a set of bubble bath stuff from Sephora!

Dec 31st came, I went over to his condo at 7pm, and he asked me for a hug, which was weird because we never asked for any hugs, we just gave each other hugs. He said that I was his date for the night and casually kissed me on the lips. I tried to play it cool and pretend that it was nothing special, so we went to the first party, had a little too much to drink and I noticed that he was a lot more affectionate that night, out his hand on my knee, sometimes my waist, etc. We went on to the 2nd party, danced around and a girl was clearly hitting on him but he stuck by me and pretty much ignored the girl. I was stunned! I got my New Year's kiss from him and we went back to his condo. That night we had sex for the first time and he was just affectionate! The morning after was not awkward at all, he cooked me breakfast and we enjoyed each other. He had to take off to work at noon so we parted ways and gave each other a kiss. I thought the sex was a big deal,a big step since we kept our distance even when we were dating.

After that I've been trying to figure things out in my head. What in the world is going on? Are we just friends? I asked my best guy friend that he met the other day when I had to pick something up from him, let's say his name is A. I hugged A in front of my guy and A said that he looked uncomfortable looking at me hugging someone else. I finally decided to talk to him face to face (after nearly having a panic attack from me bing too nervous). I got him a present too, a jacket from Express and he was thrilled to get it. We chatted a little and I finally asked him "where are we going". He looked a bit flustered but straight forwardly said that "I still have my mind set for just friends for now. You know, last night was fun, it was great but we don't have to do it anymore if you don't want to." I know I should've said something but I just nodded and move on with the conversation. We ended up making a plan to go snowboarding on Sunday with his co-workers. When I was just about to take off, he offered to walk me to my car and asked me if I had something else to say and I foolishly said no. He He walked me to my car and kissed my cheeks.

So basically he treated me like a girlfriend but I have no status and since he's thinking about moving to Vegas and he said that he didn't want a long-distance relationship (due to bad ones in the past).

What am I? A friend with benefits? What should I do? I really really like him and I'm surprised at how hard I'm trying to get his heart, I've never had to do this and never liked someone this much. Thanks for reading this.

[url]http://www.loveforum.net/love-advice-forum/20377-friends-benefits.html[/url]

^^^ Same thread.
    Spammer Spanker