+ Follow This Topic

Thread: win him back

win him back

here's the story:

earlier this year, i met a new guy in my grade. instantly he and i became close friends with myself and one of my best friends, let's call her liz. liz, the boy, and i always hung out, and i could tell that he liked liz a lot. at the time i was a little jealous because i thought he would be a good guy to maybe have as a boyfriend, but then again i didn't really care and i was troubled about a previous relationship that occured over the summer - long distance, had to leave, heart broken, the whole angsty thing. anyways, time went on and he and liz never did anything and liz moved onto a new guy. during that time i know he started liking me, and it was very apparent that he wanted to make something out of it. while i had considered it, nothing really happened because i was very wrapped up in some other incidents. i went away for new years and in the few days i had time to think, i realized that i wanted this guy more than anyone, and that he is someone i can trust, who i admire, and is also hilarious and sweet. i had all the intent of coming back and telling him, thinking that he would instantly accept me.

however, when i got back, it turns out he and liz had started hanging out and had gone to a new years party together, and while they hadn't hooked up, they were somewhat together. not knowing this, i straight out told the boy how i was feeling. he let me down gently, telling me that he wasn't looking for a relationship at this time. to be honest, i was shocked because he had really liked me. he then proceeded to tell liz what happened, and i'm just embarassed. i didn't want her to know i felt like this, and i especially didn't want to get rejected for her. while she is one of my good friends, she can be a little bit of a bitch around guys and is really only looking for a hook up. we were all at a party last night and it was just painful to see them so close. i know i was stupid to wait so long but i don't know what to do. hopefullly when school starts back up things will go back to normal and i can try to work from there.

in conclusion, i really want this boy - do you think i should just wait it out, play it cool and wait for them to have their little hookup, or should i do something more forthright?

ps,
    we're all juniors.

thanks!

Sounds like you blew your chance. Don't you dare go after him now- he already told you no. All you can do is gracefully accept this and see if you get another shot later.
    Spammer Spanker

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    rico suaveeeeeeeeeeeeee

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

do you really want to be the girl he gets with because him and liz doesn't work out? sounds like since the beginning he liked liz, and you are just second choice. why wait for just him? find another guy that wants you, first, and not after it doesn't work out with your friend. also, should he and liz get together officially and should it not work out, think about how it may affect your friendship with her and if it is worth it.

Hey, I actually agree with beanie. I guess anything can happen.
    Spammer Spanker