+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Teenage Pregnancy

Teenage Pregnancy

Hey everyone...well I wanted to know what was your thought on teenage pregnancy...Do you think it is bad?Do you think the girl should have an abortion? Give me your input...Thanks in advance.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think teenage pregnancy is grossly unfair to a baby, who deserves to have two adults who are financially stable and emotionally mature to caring for them. That being said, I know of (only) one teenage mother who did a fine job, but I think she is very rare.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    that movie, "juno" looks stupid.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

I think teenaged pregnancy is a travesty. I can't tell you whether or not a pregnant teenager should abort or give up for adoption- that's her choice, but I think actually keeping the baby is a bad, bad choice.

I really wish teenagers had access to free birth control without social stigma. Nobody should have to make choices like this at such a young age.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    that movie, "juno" looks stupid.

raverboy
    I actually look forward to watching that film.

its very unfortuante, for me, i'd have no idea what to do in that situation, it is very difficult for teenage parents to give the child the proper attnetion that it deserves and the propoer level of care and love because of the emotional maturity associated with that age group.

Tedel Guest
    I'm against abortion. I dislike teenage pregnancy, but I know I can't be at the door of every motel in the world to avoid it.

Whenever I see a pregnant kid I just want to have a word with a couple of parents.

Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    have two adults who are financially stable and emotionally mature to caring for them.
    They only stay stable and emotionally mature till one cheats. Than it all goes out the window.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiechi View Post
    I actually look forward to watching that film.
    a drama about two high school friends who go through a pregnancy... it's not exactly my idea of interesting.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Ok I brought up this topic due to the fact that I am a teenage mother. I didnt do this in a motel so you wouldnt have found me there anyway lol. But I've been told by many people that I have a strong mindset for my age ever since I was like 14 or so. I am a single teenage mother, to me thats pretty common, at least where Im from. I know it is a VERY bad thing, but at the same time, I am highly against abortions. I honestly think it should be banned because the child could always be put up for adoption if you're not ready to take care of him/her. I personally never let it cross my mind about giving up my daughter for adoption because I feel like I went through 9 months of pain and suffering to give someone else the joy of raising a beautiful baby? Nah, I'll take up my own resposibilities. After all, its me who opened my legs to someone I was dating, not them. Its not good because Im not mentally ready for this, but at the same time, I consider myself stable enough to deal with her. After all I have my mother and father's support( of course they were extremely upset, but thats not the best time to turn your back on your own child).I have never hurt her, I have always cared for her and I always will. Alot of people expected me to fail as a mother, but when they saw what I've done to take care of her, they were highly surprised but pleased. Now yes, I am boasting and getting cocky about this, but only due to the fact that I am categorized as a teenage mother and people automatically think I would fail. I am currently still in school. People always tell my mother and I how I should drop otu and get my GED and go to nightschool.Plain and simple,bullshit.Why should I drop out and let you enjoy the experience of walking across the stage and getting your diploma getting a high paying job while Im stuck filling out applications at McDonalds to mop the floors. No, I want to walk across the stage and get my diploma just like you. I am going to prove that I can do this as a teenage mother. But yea this is my input on teenage motherhood.

Well, you sound like what we would wish all teenage mothers would be like- dedicated, resigned, ready to assume the responsibility. One of my best friends was 18 when she had her daughter- she did a great job.

However, don't you think you're in the minority? Yes, YOU can handle this, but what about most teenagers? Would you say you're in favor of pregnancy for teenagers, generally?
    Spammer Spanker

I get what you're saying. Its not good because majority of teenagers cant do it. Some try but fail because they arent ready to give their lives up to a baby. I'm not for it, but I do think that if you got pregnant, you should take care of your responsibilities,and if you KNOW you cant, give the child to someone who can.There are plenty couples who want a child but cant have any due to problems they have physically.

How do you feel about teenagers having access to free birth control, without their parents' permission?
    Spammer Spanker

Well the way I see it, its better to be more open with your parents because its worst for them to find out your having sex from other people's mouth and not your own. Some people just dont have that connection with their parents though. Like my mother, I didnt tell her I was sexually involved due to how she'd approach me. Ever since I was in Junior High, she'd be on my case saying "Are you having sex?" or "If you keep having sex you're gonna get aids" and shit like that and I used to get so upset cuz I knew that it was FAR from my mind...I didnt even know what the word "virgin" meant lol. Sometimes people hide things from their parents cuz of how the parents pressure them. But to answer your question, it should be done regardless. You're not gonna always listen to your parents. If they disagree about you getting it and you know you're still gonna have sex, you're better off finding every possible way to protect yourself. I wasnt very cautious and it caused me to deal with a resposibility for the minimum of 18 years(by law, that is).So either which way, if you really think you should get it, its better off doing it,parents permission or not. If the parent find out, at least they know you're preventing pregnancy.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I like your determination Ladie. Keep up that type of thinking

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast