+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Did i make a mistake or do the right thing?

Did i make a mistake or do the right thing?

This is kind of long so please bare w/me:

I met my ex this summer and we starting dating, i had a great time with her and then when school started our relationship slowly started falling apart b/c of how STRESSED and preoccupied I was w/school. After being together for about 3 months i ended up breaking up with her b/c i told her I wasn't quite sure how i felt. I was torn, part of me liked her a lot and wanted to be with her, while the other half was kind of indifferent to the relationship.

I went on winter break and began getting rid of the stress I had endured during school time. I basically ended up getting her out of my head and didn't really plan on talking to her again until she began texting me and the cycle continued for a week, and i really began to miss her. After a week of texting, that weekend we were both a bit drunk and ended up texting each other and ended up meeting up.

I ended up spending the night, and we just cuddled all night(nothing more). And then from the time we woke up until late into the afternoon we just layed in bed cuddled and talked.

Being there talking to her, laughing w/her, cuddling made me really miss all the qualities that she shared and remember why i liked her so much. I just couldn't stop looking at her and hugging her, and I would have probablly wanted to stay there all day if she didn't have to go to work.

Me and my ex continued talking, we finally met up again. We went to the zoo, which was really nice, and when I was with there i felt the feelings i first had for her. We continued talking and texting and i decided to give her a card w/my feelings and a christmas present before she went out of town. We texted each other everyday while she was out of town.

Well i spoke to her when she got back and asked her how she was feeling. She told me she liked me still but she couldn't really trust me b/c of what i did to her, fearing i may once again change my feelings. And said it was probablly better that we not get back together.

Well since that day its been about two weeks and I still find myself thinking about her, little things reminding me of her. It very possible because I'm lonley(haven't really been with any girl since her), but then again im not sure if its the lonely factor. When I think about her and our relationship I think about her negetive qualities and try to convince myself that i did make the right decision in breaking up with her. I don't even know anymore.

Can somebody please give me some helpful adivce. Is what I'm feeling normal? Should I make an effort to get back to w/her? Or should I just lay this relationship to rest?

how old are you?
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

twenty one

dude i always think that if there is love to be taken then go and get it, despite your issues if you are still feeling something for her then you have to go and tell her and get back together with her. I promise that its not just you feeling this way, it is both of you. You should go to her and prove that you are trustworthy, explain to her that you don't want her to lose trust in you so if it takes being friends first and then re-developing that relationship so be it. IF you are constantly thinking about her then you can't possibly think it would be the best decision to completely end your relationship

Well I appreciate that advice, but im still not sure if that answers my questions if it's the fact that im just lonely or if would im feeling is that I still really like her. I mean I don't think I'd have a problem with hooking up w/some other girl if given the oppurtunity(I don't think at least). But then again I don't know if this really means anything either.

I think you should continue to see her casually, but not get back together. I think you would end up doing the same thing all over again.
    Spammer Spanker

Well that would be nice offcourse but that could be a problem. My ex is actually seeing someone right now(a rebound, who strangely enough looks like me, lol...I found this out from mutal friends, but i know she still has some feelings for me)...so I think its either go all the way with the getting back together or just not get back together at all.

Well, is it entirely up to you? What if she won't stop seeing the rebound guy?
    Spammer Spanker

It's not entriley up to me, and there is a chance of that. I know what the longer I wait the less chance I have to get back with her, which is why I'm looking for advice. Whether to make a real effort to get back or just let it go?

Do you really want her back? Really, really? I think you sounds like you're trying to convince yourself, and if you're not sure, you should let her move on rather than risk doing it to her again.
    Spammer Spanker

I honestly can't say i really, really, really!! want her back. But i feel I do want her back...I just want need someone to guide me in a direction so I stop seconed guessing my decision, and either go one way or another with her!

And thanks for taking the time to keep answering my thread Gigabitch, i really appreciate it.