+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is an impossible love better than a possible attraction?

Is an impossible love better than a possible attraction?

Hey so i need some advice......

Here's the story:
    Last summer i fell in love with a girl i met who lived in Kansas (I live in CO). Everything was great it was the best time of my life until suddenly we stopped talking as much as we used to. We still talked some and she said she still loved me. But the last month or so we haven't talked at all. I still love her. Well......last week i met this cute girl who is nice and I would like to get to know her better. She likes me too and wants to go out, but for some reason I can't get the feeling that this girl could never feel the same to me as the first girl did, but then I think maybe that's a good thing. So my question is do I hold onto the hope for an impossible love or try to get over the girl in Kansas and move on to a quite possible attraction?

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Screw kansas.

Are you asking if it's possible that a relationship with a real, live person you get to see every day could possibly compare to an idealized long-distance relationship?

No comparison. The real thing is far superior. Understand that a lot of an LDR is sustained by your own imagination. That should make it easier to let it go.
    Spammer Spanker

I think you should move over
    [url=http://attractyourman.com]What Men Want[/url]

If you've found someone you like, consider yourself lucky. Even if it doesn't turn out to be anything serious, it will definitely help you get over your long-distance crush. Believe me: I've had a long-distance crush going on for 9 months now and I envy you for finding someone different who actually appeals to you. You should do what people told ME to do: look back on the relationship with Kansas girl fondly and cherish it, but realize that it's over and move on. Look at this new girl as a blessing: she is helping you realize that there are more girls out there for you and giving you what you need to move on.