+ Follow This Topic

Thread: love & the law of attraction

love & the law of attraction

just wondering, are there any believers out there?

i want to believe this. i've decided that i'm going to test out the law of attraction and see if my wants manifest.

What are you talkin about? lol

Nm I just Wikipedia'ed it - "The phrase Law of Attraction, used widely by New Thought writers, refers to the idea that thoughts influence chance."

I can't say I believe in that, no. But to each his own I suppose. And positive thinking is in and of itself useful anyway.
    Last edited by Sanctuary; 13-12-09 at 03:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sanctuary View Post
    What are you talkin about? lol

Nm I just Wikipedia'ed it - "The phrase Law of Attraction, used widely by New Thought writers, refers to the idea that thoughts influence chance."

I can't say I believe in that, no. But to each his own I suppose. And positive thinking is in and of itself useful anyway.
    english please, lol sorry maybe its cuz im stayin up late i dnt understand

Quote Originally Posted by lovexkaly View Post
    just wondering, are there any believers out there?
    It's a general idea: believe in yourself. I've seen it enough to believe.

Friend of mine just got a major do-over: new haircut, new clothes, new style, cleaned his appartment, redecorated... he was beaming with self-confidence.

He hadn't had a girlfriend for 7 years, but now he believed the "new him" could do it - could seduce a girl.

Offcourse it worked. Girls fell for his self-confidence, his smile, his new found "I am ok, wanna meet me"-attitude.

So yeah, believe!

I whole heartedly believe in the law of Attraction!

It's more about thinking about something, "Asking" the Universe for it, and being positive and keeping yourself in a great place emotionally and mentally...and if you can do this the Universe will deliver what you ask for every time.

This has worked many times for me with many things, but I am having troubles with it in the area of love. I have been only really trying at it for a few months now with love, so I'm giving it more time. But I have met several new girls that I am interested in...so I do have to say it seems to work for that!

The tough part for me is to keeping myself in a good place after I meet someone I like. I tend to get overly excited about it and really want to date them right away...when I know I need to relax and let things happen. So I'm slowly working on those things. I hope that it works for you! Have you had anything where law of attraction has worked for you?
    Last edited by Gigabitch; 23-12-09 at 03:14 AM.

the law of attraction basically combines "cause and effect" with "actions begin with thoughts" to say that our thoughts influence our outcomes. Case in point: if you believe you're successful, then you will be more likely to make choices that will have a positive result as opposed to someone who thinks negatively.

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    These "new-thought" writers may be new to thinking, but their thoughts aren't new.

What S and Neo said. Its positive thinking and that is always a good thing. All motivational books and speakers promote this, tho they market it differently. But save your money for things like "The Secret". Its not.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Somehow the low is helpful!

I deeply believe in the law of attraction. It has been proven to be true in my life. I consider some events in my life to be miracles.

I'm now at one of the lowest points of my life, but I'm keeping myself together by having faith in the law of attraction. It has worked before and it shall work once more.

If you desire for something, the universe will conspire to help you achieve it -- Paulo Coelho in The Alchemist

Quote Originally Posted by SamFrmMelbourne View Post
    If you desire for something, the universe will conspire to help you achieve it -- Paulo Coelho in The Alchemist
    The bolded part is the portion of the "Law [sic] of Attraction(TM)" that bothers me the most, and convinces me "The Secret" freaks and their kin are all just retarded. The universe does not conspire anything and does not give a **** about you or anything you have ever thought of in your life. Period.

Positive thinking? Good.

Fighting for what you believe in? Good.

Being optimistic? Good.

Believing the universe is a fairy that reads your mind and conspires to get you what you want? Proof that despite the millenia of human civilizations, there are still plenty of grown idiots on this earth willing to believe in fairy tales because it makes them feel good. The Secret is the most illogical thing ever made and written by scam artists who are all suing eachother back & forth and are patently laughed at in their own communities.

For the record I have no idea how you interpret "the Secret(TM)," maybe you just believe positive thinking is good in and of itself and if so, I laud you for that. But if you think that by thinking something, this universe will read your mind and give you what you want, well . . . lets just say there are grown people who believe in Santa Clause who are intellectually on the exact same level as you.

This summarizes my views on the Secret:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=usbNJMUZSwo"]YouTube- Broadcast Yourself.[/ame]
    Last edited by MVPlaya; 14-01-10 at 01:26 PM.
    I gave you my heart
    I gave you my soul
    Now I'm just another number
    at the Center for Disease Control

To be fair, I haven't read The Secret and don't plan to. I learn about this through my own experience. I didn't even know it was a widely discussed subject before I did some search on the Internet.

Of course nothing will change if you just visualise something in your mind. We need to put efforts as well. But positive thinking fuels our perseverance and patience, makes us more resilient in getting what we desire and that certainly increases the odds of achieving it.

Science only goes so far, then there is God.

I agree with Indie. Positive thinking and exuding your own positive energy is a great thing. This lady found a way to capitalize on it by slapping a different name on it. "The Secret"? The majority of the people in this world will fall for what is nothing more than a marketing scheme. Who the hell doesn't want to know a secret that you can so easily pay for?

There is in no way any credible resource in this book. Just people and their personal stories that you can choose to believe or not. This world's reverence for modern authors makes me a bit sick. Authors like James Patterson and Dan Brown get unending praise for their cookie cutter plot lines, flat dialogue, and their penchant for pandering to their readership.