Dan and I have been good friends since the beginning of the school year (late August). We hang out in the same group, live 8 doors down from each other, and are really good friends.
We both like each other as more than friends. We’ve hooked up a couple times (just making out). He’s asked me to keep our kissing from all of our friends "for now" though. He told me back in November (after the first time) that with friends, he will hook up with them a few times to “get to know them more” and then if he likes her, he’ll ask them out-he said this is how most of his relationships have started. We talk all the time, and he begs me to come to his performances, and has asked me to go to out to dinner with him, his roommate, and his roommate's friend (but it didn't work out...) We’ve hooked up three times. He hasn't hooked up with any other girls while we have been hooking up. Over break, we didn't see each other for a month, though he told me that he missed me and thought about me often.

Last Monday, I told Dan that I wasn't satisfied with a purely physical relationship, and ended up giving him a choice "I don't want to be hooking up without anything happening -if you want to keep doing this, you're going to have to make a decision. Until then, I don't want to mess around. I understand if you don't want a major commitment, but I'd like to be able at least to be able to tell our friends about us and to be able to go to a movie or dinner and not have to hide that I like you. I don't want to feel ashamed of what we've been doing."
I'm afraid, though that I scared him off because the topic of boyfriend/girlfriend came up, and he said that he "doesn't believe in the term, as its no one else's business."
Today I went w/ he and his roommate to lunch together, so we're still friends, but I'm not sure if theres more to us than just that. He still flirts with me, even after our talk, but he still hasn't told me his decision.