+ Follow This Topic

Thread: need some advice!

need some advice!

Hey,
    So I have been dating my current girlfriend for exactly 51 weeks today.
    Lately, we have been arguing quite a bit. Once a week it seems. Tonight we got in a fight again, this is how it went.

So i went to pick her up at school, she goes to two different campuses. At first, I went to the wrong one, which wasted 20 mins of my time. I finally get to her, while in car she says shes tired and hungry, then starts complaining about my music and under her breath calls me an asshole.

I always listen to the crap she wants to and when I want to listen to something, she gets mad. Then i accidentally scratched her giving her something and she says "What did you do that for", i duno if she was joking or not but I got mad and said "I come all the way here to pick you up and you bitch and complain"

When we finally get back to our area (I left my house at 9:05, it is now 10:30) i ask where she wants to eat. She says she doesn't (always does this when shes mad) so I pulled over and waited for her to tell me where she wants to eat. Says "FINE ill walk home."

instead i dropped her off at home because it was cold out, lol. The original plan was to stay at my house but instead I pick her up and immediately drop her off at home.

I don't know what to do... this pretty much happens once every 2 weeks on average, sometimes once a week. I love her so much,she loves me, but I don't know what to do. Do we not see each other for a week or two? Our one year is on jan 31st... So we'd miss that if we went on a break for a bit... i duno...

any advice is great, thanks.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    you know what she loves you for?? you're pussiness.... if that is even a word.

however she loves that you're always willing to give into her and that you don't have a mind of your own. if she gets mad at you, you end up feeling like you did something wrong like you are now.

shit, the only way that things will change is if you get another gf or you finally grow a nutsack and step up to her. she treats you like a dog because are tend to be obedient like one. like my advice or not, but that's how i see it.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

What type of music?

Quote Originally Posted by Illusional View Post
    you know what she loves you for?? you're pussiness.... if that is even a word.

however she loves that you're always willing to give into her and that you don't have a mind of your own. if she gets mad at you, you end up feeling like you did something wrong like you are now.

shit, the only way that things will change is if you get another gf or you finally grow a nutsack and step up to her. she treats you like a dog because are tend to be obedient like one. like my advice or not, but that's how i see it.

raverboy
    ...but it was his fault. The dumbass was 20 minutes late. Instead of bitching back and forth why not say what he says here? that he is sorry because he got confused which campus she was at?
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

While their choice of words aren't exactly mine same I agree. Just need to man up a bit more. Don't take so much bull, she will keep treating you that way unless you do something about it. Maybe that spark is gone maybe a nice surprise could make things better your anvers is coming up do something awesomely great make her forget about all the fighting remind her why she fell in love. If all else fails maybe some time apart is needed.

I agree with Illusional.

I've noticed that when some of my male friends in relationships start to back down from their own preferences and ideas, depending on the woman to decide where to eat, what music to listen to, etc., that the amount of arguing increases markedly.

A break would be a good idea to recenter yourself. She will probably appreciate having you as the man in the relationship again, as well.

~Sphinx

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Only-virgins View Post
    ...but it was his fault. The dumbass was 20 minutes late. Instead of bitching back and forth why not say what he says here? that he is sorry because he got confused which campus she was at?
    Fault has nothing to do with it. His INTENT was to go & pick her up.

What actually happened is that he got mad at himself for his mistake & she got scared he didn't care/forgot to pick her up.

So she chewed him out & he got resentful b/c he let her. He also got pissed b/c she was too selfish at that moment to appreciate the effort he went to for her, even if it didn't quite work out as planned. Everything else that happened was just an escalation due to the fact that they were both frustrated.

Next time, just say what you actually mean.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Are you routinely late to pick her up when you have agreed to do it? If you are habitually late (for whatever reason), I can see that she might become irritated.
    Last edited by vashti; 26-01-08 at 06:20 AM.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by vashti View Post
    Are you routinely late to pick her up when you have agreed to do it?
    He said he got confused about which campus.

I think a lot of guys are like this... confused about what their woman tells them. Just tell her to WRITE it down for you next time.

Come to think, don't you & she have cell phones? You could have called when you realized your mistake. Did you?

Tedel Guest
    mm... Both points of view are interesting, but I go for the idea of she testing your limits.

If I were you, I would give the first step and ask her if she wants to talk. If she says no, then just tell her, OK, whenever you are willing to talk call me.

Don't dare to talk/phone/sms/IM her after that, until she gave the first step.

My .02, of course.

I can sort of understand why she got crabby if things like this happen often, maybe you should just ask her what exactly it is that bothers her every time she gets irritated (but when she's actually in a good mood maybe).

It's true, you should have called her if you could, or at least explained what happened. At the same time, if she's being unreasonably bitchy, don't let her get away with it.