+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Walmart

anachronistic Guest

Walmart

Haha, don't laugh, I didn't fall in love with a handicapped person missing body parts.

I was just getting some Tums because I've got heartburn really bad. I also bought a chisel for art class. Well, I walked past aisle after aisle, looking for a place to check out my items; most of the checkouts were closed, and the few that were opened had people buying ridiculously large amounts of groceries. I stopped at the very last aisle, realizing that I parked on the other side of the parking lot. Oh well. I'll just check out this last lane since there is only one person.

I got in line, and all I could stare at was the person ahead of me in line, who was wearing a camouflage coat. My eyes were directed at his 6-pack of Sam Adams brew, when the conveyor belt moved. I started thinking about beer and parties, and before long, I didn't realize that it was time for me to check out. The girl said hey. That caught my attention because her voice was cute. I looked up and became lost in her sea-green eyes. I said hey back. I noticed that her face was not covered in makeup, but had a young, beautiful complexion. Her hair was brown, and tousled from a hard day's work. "$9.99 please", she said. Nine is my lucky number. I reached in my pocket for my debit card. Typical of a male, it was buried along with all kinds of other junk. She was wearing a blue hoodie with white stripes going down the sleeves. I handed her the card, and smiled.

I signed my signature on the electronic device, grabbed my groceries, and walked away. I almost stopped and turned around to get her phone number or something. Everything around was a blur, I was deciding what to do, as the greeters saw me off, as I headed out of Walmart, towards my car.

I didn't go back, as shy as I am. That would be really weird, and it would probably embarrass her. I've never seen her before. I wonder if she goes to school here; she seemed young enough. I can't stop thinking about her...

There are lots of cute girls around, most cashiers look like her anyways. You just liked how she looked, so you reacted that way.
    No reason to ask her out, just seems weird, It's just not the right place and time to do something like that.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

My rule is to ask anyone out who looks decent and willing. The date time will sort everything else out.

P.S. Was she really handicapped?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

anachronistic Guest
    Not sure who to agree with. No, she wasn't handicapped.

This used to happen to me on occasion, lil.

I found that turning around as soon as I felt the tinge of regret and walking back to the woman would cause a sensation which overrode any fear in the moment. I usually said something to the effect of, "I don't usually do this, but you're cute, kid. Are you single?"

It's not a one hundred percent guaranteed success rate, but look at what you achieve:
    -Show your interest.
    -Allows her to return that interest without an immediate committment to a date.
    -Provides her with a simple out ("no") rather than the awkward denial of a phone number or date request.
    -Leaves you with a natural next step of getting her phone number if she responds "yes."

This might not be "crafty" enough for some users, but I've grown to appreciate the "no b.s." approach.

~Sphinx
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. ~Faithless, Reverence.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    ^ I like it. ^
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Haha awwww maaan... There's always something cute about a girl who is working

Aside from that, idk what might work

Quote Originally Posted by TheSphinx View Post
    This used to happen to me on occasion, lil.

I found that turning around as soon as I felt the tinge of regret and walking back to the woman would cause a sensation which overrode any fear in the moment. I usually said something to the effect of, "I don't usually do this, but you're cute, kid. Are you single?"

It's not a one hundred percent guaranteed success rate, but look at what you achieve:
    -Show your interest.
    -Allows her to return that interest without an immediate committment to a date.
    -Provides her with a simple out ("no") rather than the awkward denial of a phone number or date request.
    -Leaves you with a natural next step of getting her phone number if she responds "yes."

This might not be "crafty" enough for some users, but I've grown to appreciate the "no b.s." approach.

~Sphinx
    this is good advice.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    then why don't you just return to walmart the next day about the same time? i'm sure there is the possibility that she might not be working, then you return a few days later until you see her again.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

awwww how cute! I hope Ive changed peoples lives as a cashier
    So everytime you go there try to go to her and make quick small talk about something weird so the next time you can bring it up and she will have something to remember you by. Im a cashier and people can buy something from me then come back 10 minutes later and I will act as though I never seen them because we deal with so many people we dont care to memorize them. So just give her something to remember you by once she remembers you the first few times it will get easier to talk to each other then you can make your move. Its more cute the longer you go without asking her right away

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Lilwing is going to WalMart every day at the same time to buy some gum.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

anachronistic Guest
    Lol, not sure if I will go to the extreme of going to walmart every day.

Today in drawing class, there was another cute girl, who moved right next to me in the middle of the 3 hour long drawing class... man I am finding that very difficult. But anyway, I didn't say anything the whole time, but we bumped elbows a few times, but it felt good. Heh.

At the end of class, she looked at my drawing and said "Wow, those grapes you drew turned out really good!" I didn't think about what to say and instantly came out the words "Nah, it sucks" I got so damn nervous! I wish that I had instead complimented her drawing or something. I never take wonderful opportunities like that to meet women. Damn it!

lol. too many cute girls in the world. Anyway try not to be negative around girls all the time, even though its easiest to talk to someone when youre bashing the same thing its an automantic turnoff