+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Do you think he may be for real?

Do you think he may be for real?

So theres this new guy I'm talking to. He started talking to me on myspace (of all places! : P ) and I tried blowing him off but he was so persistent, I thought, why not talk to the guy. So he asked if I wanted to hang out for about 2 weeks and so on the day we were finally going to hangout, I called him to let him know I was at our meeting place, and he tells me he can't make it!! That he was working in the studio (he's a musician) and that he was really sorry!! Well I was pretty annoyed and so I wrote him and told him so. I told him that I was really annoyed that he didn't call me to cancel but that I found out by calling him and I told him to not get me wrong, that I understand his work is important to him but that an early call to cancel would have been appreciated. I also told him that if he didn't respond, it would be fine and that I just needed to get it all out and let him know. Well I check my messages today and he wrote back saying that he is sorry and asked how he can make it up to me. My question is, do you think he maybe serious? Can a guy really be sorry and actually want to make it up to me? I believe everyone deserves at least another chance but I'm just curious as to if this is one of those situations that deserves another chance. I mean is him asking me if he can make it up to me ACTUALLY a good effort on his part? What do you think? Men are so hard to figure out (I know us women can be to though! : P ) Thank you!! ; )

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I would view this as intentional on his part. Maybe he is afraid to meet you in person because he thinks you will be unhappy with him when face to face. If you want to try to meet with him one more time (to give him benefit of doubt) I wouldn't make plans more than 2 or 3 days in advance. If he flakes on you again, cut him out of your life for good.

I don't think I'd give him another chance, though. He stood you up. I am a b*tch about that sort of thing.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I think you should give him another chance.I've messed up tons of times with dates and times,things coming up etc.And I genuinely feel like I want to make it up to my girlfriend.ive him another chance,it would be a bit harsh not to .

P.s -you should read the book 'men are from mars and women are from venus'
    "Nobody , so long as he moves about among the chaotic currents of life , is without trouble. Carl jung

He sounds bogus to me, but what have you got to lose?

Please don't meet him alone, though. You're young and innocent, and he could be, well, anyone.
    Spammer Spanker

Just some random dude that you don't really know what he looks like? Who was persistent (desperate) to keep bugging you? Don't you find that a bit creepy? .....pfftt women.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

give him another chance =)

btw: meet somewhere public .. ;-)

Yes, give him another chance, you could still dump him then if he doesn't like you or something...

C'mon, the worst thing that can happen is that you get robbed and raped with a baby
    Don't expect anything.

So people!! I write him back saying that it was sweet of him to get back to me and I tell him to let me know when he isn't busy so we could hang out and he writes back, "I will for sure." Ummm, I'm kind of confused!! I don't know if he actually means that or is just trying to tell me that so he has another girls number in his cell phone??!!!! Would a guy who really wants to see a new girl just say "I will [let you know] for sure?" or would he write more. I'm a little confused and I'm about to just put that on the back burner!!!! Help!!!! Thanks all!!