+ Follow This Topic

Thread: friends.

Stirfry Guest

friends.

It's been 4 years since high school and I've been working and in college since. I had been so busy in the first 2 that i didnt really notice my friends were going different ways. I'm 21 right now and I feel like I'm really missing out, socially. I have a a few close friends, and my bf had the same thing happened to him when he went to uni. I should be happy, but how does a person get more friends without many connections? I feel like I should know the answer to this...

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I met most of my friends after hs through work, and through other friends. You could join a sport or a group or something too, where you'll meet people you have in common.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    I met most of my friends after hs through work, and through other friends. You could join a sport or a group or something too, where you'll meet people you have in common.
    This seems to be the case a lot. Unfortunately for those who work with very few people or just see the same 2 or 3 people everyday.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."

Ugh, I feel you.

I don't have many friends either. In fact, I don't even know if I have any real friends... I know many people, but we never go out or talk very often...

Today I got an invitation to a concert, as they were assuming I would show up with someone, I didn't go, because I don't have many people to ask... It ****ing sucks and I ****ing hate it!

I ended up doing school work whole evening. I feel like I am missing out of life.
    Last edited by boobaa; 02-03-08 at 07:14 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    I feel like I am missing out of life.
    If it helps, it isn't possible to miss out on life...unless you are dead. No one actually made rules to WHAT life should be lived like...living is just living...and even the worst living conditions possible are better than none. The real question is are you happy with the way you are living your life. Some people like to just do nothing. They don't give a crap if huge sex orgies are going on out there.
    "Why are you an atheist?"
    "because I paid attention in science class."