+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Parents are Morons!

Parents are Morons!

I'm 18, a legal adult in canada! But I still live under my parents roof, so I still live under there rules.

Today I was given a new rule. I'm not aloud to go out only on Friday and Saturday nights!!! This is crazy!!! My boyfriends thinking that same as me. WTF???

They gave this to me because i came home a little bit later then the time I was given. BUT I called them every time I knew I was going to be late, even if it was for traffic or a train or something. So they always knew that I was safe and fine. Now I was only 5-10 minutes later then the specified time too.

I'm soo confused and all I feel like doing is crying!

Wow...strict...im only 16 so it looks like i got a few more years to go until i break free from stupid boundaries and regulations set within the household. i think i have to agree parents suck

Kiechi...
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

I dont suck as a parent...

but Fawn yea parents can be a drag...they only do things they think are good for ya! How soon before you venture out on your own?

Dont worry this thing with them wont last long...never does.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

ParentzZ really do suck.. No offence..

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well as my father told me, you don't like my rules, then move out. i will admit that me and my parents always don't click but when it comes to free room and board, i'm not one to complain. raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

.. I have to agree with Illusional and Squir here. I mean you live under their roof yeah, but are you paying rent? If not ... I wouldnt complain about the rules then. I will say that I too lived with my parents as an adult and I guess the rules sucked. However, you know they wont last to long. Parents get pissed... maybe yours will give up the ridiculous rule. Either that .. or .. "stay at a friends" more often.
    "Remember always, that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    - - Eleanor Roosevelt
    " It's not who we are that holds us back, it's who we think we're not."
    - - Michael Nolan
    "...to love and lose, is better than not to love at all..." .... Lord, whats his name....
    " The world is big... I want to see all of it before it gets dark." -- John Muir

I don't recommend the "stay at a friends". Too easy to get caught. Just tell your parents you're going clubbing every weekend. Then they will KNOW they can't get a hold of you, but will think you're just out dancing and having a good time. In the meantime, go do what your little heart desires and return home whenever in the middle of the night always saying, "Yeah. I got tired of it so I left early" or "I had a great time tonight so I stayed till they closed!" or something. Always say you're at some sort of attraction or event so they can't really check up on you by calling your friend's mother or won't even expect you to answer your cellphone if they call (if you have one).

Alexi - Who can be VERY good at lying and getting around things. Right now I'm devising some sort of plan of getting around my parents finding out that I've dropped out of school this semester. So I'm leaving the house at the normal times as though I'm going to school until I think up something good......wish me luck!

are you freakn NUTS!!! How do think youre gonna pass that by your parents come the end of semester Alexi?

You are in deep shit. Be prepared for the wrath of your parents when they find out!!!

YOU NEED MORE THAN LUCK!!!! cause when they do find out-they will have lost their trust-I hope theyre not funding your education Alexi or your ****ed my friend!!

are you freakn NUTS!!! How do think youre gonna pass that by your parents come the end of semester Alexi?

You are in deep shit. Be prepared for the wrath of your parents when they find out!!!
    Not really. I was only taking two classes to begin with. One I resigned up and re-registered for over the summer, and the other one I had ALREADY passed. I was just taking it again to see if I could raise my grade. But I decided it was too much work and figured out that the possible better grade I would get wasn't going to affect my GPA significantly so it was pointless. My instructor himself even asked me, "Why are you taking it again? You already passed. There's no reason to take it again."
    YOU NEED MORE THAN LUCK!!!! cause when they do find out-they will have lost their trust-I hope theyre not funding your education Alexi or your ****ed my friend!!
    No. The ****in' dick and bitch aren't funding my college education. They don't help me out with SHIT. Even though I'm (in my opinion based on comparison's to other people I see) a good kid. No drugs. No alcohol. No sleeping around with women, trying to get through college with TWO degrees (and NEITHER of them went to college out of high school. I'm the first in BOTH sides of the family to do so), plus I don't do a lot of OTHER shit that the "average" college-goer does. And yet they won't give me a DIME towards school. Literally. I asked them for help the other day and they said, "We'll give you fifty bucks, but you have to promise to pay us back by the end of the month."

And I'm trying to get myself through college with two degrees. But "No". My ****ing parents, who by the way make a combined total of more than $140,000 a year (so it's not like they couldn't AFFORD to help me pay my 1500 dollar tuition), won't even HELP me pay for college tuition, won't help me with my clarinet (which in my opinion is a VERY GOOD AND HEALTHY HOBBY! and something that I've proven very serious about), and my father last stated that allowing me to use his pickup truck that he bought two years ago for 4 grand is going to be, and I quote, "The last big thing I'm going to do for you."

So thanks to them, I'm about $4,000 in debt because of loans to pay for school and my clarinet hobby. yeah. On second thought, I don't really give a shit what they think of what I do with MY school situation. **** them.

To take Fawn's idea in my OWN words, "Parents are ****ing pricks."

'Chuck' Brown

ok yours might be in this case...

Man..

Well.. I can't wait until I move out and live in England.. far away from my dad who'zZ in Hong Kong 'n' my mum who'zZ in Thailand.. So complicated back at home.. *Sigh*..

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well here's an idea. no matter when you do or the pain that you cause them, they will always love you. my parents always told me that they'd kick me out of the house if i ever got a girl pregant or if i ever got a tat. well my moms tripped the **** out when she seen mines, but i'm still at home. luckily. raverboy

Yeah.. my mum tells me not to get more piercingz 'n' tatzZ.. she threatens me sometimes.. but she knowzZ I'll get em when I'm older..
    She'll just be dissapointed at me.. and just hopefully.. forgive 'n' forget.. *Sigh*

Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    well see, i feel that for the most part most parents are still living with thier traditional ways. i understand that they are much older and they see tats and piercings as being permanent. probably a reminder of o8ur youth that will last an eternity. however they are also unaccepting to the fact that times ARE changing. i can understand this because my mother is from japan and she was raised differently, but for the most part. they only see things from their eyes as well. raverboy

The thing I'll never understand is that generally I have a great relationship with my parents. I mean, I love my parents, but they drive me nuts!!!

When you think about it I'm a good girl. I do everything I'm asked, I go to school, get good grades, I spend time with them and I visit them at work when I have the time off. I have never given them a reason not to trust me. Yet they still worry!!

They know I'll never do drugs, I rarely drink and I'm very informed when it comes to sex. So I know what I'm doing. Is it that hard to have a curfew thats further the 10pm???

Confusing it is.

PS: Sorry about your situation Alexi, although I congratulate you on doing so well on your own.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast