+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Oh... Women

In the wastelands between insomnia and clarevoiance

Oh... Women

Alright, what up everyone? How is everyone doing? Noone has died I hope...

Valentine's Day was a blast wasn't it? It has, for the past three years, been the most miserable day of the year for me, and this year was no exception. It's usually not anything love-related, generally has to do with workload, bad luck, etc. For instance, today, I had 5 hours of homework, and I had to take a AP US History qualifying exam, which I have no idea how well I did on (though it doesn't matter, 'cause as long as I aced my first semester of World History, I'm in), so I got home at five and I just finished my homework (I did an hour of it at school, which would make me end.... four minutes ago, in case anyone did the math). Lets see, what else... Oh, I got cheated out of a tech-booth job for a play, and I got ****ed with developing and taking headshots of people (probably because I am the only one with photo skills). And the bastard who cheated me out of it thinks he is entitled to everything, and he isn't. In fact, the leader of the 'geek brigade' AKA tech-booth thinks the same thing I do and hates the kid. Whatever, doesn't matter. AND when I go to develop the damn photographs, I find we are out of developer, so I can't start developing the photos until tomorrow morning, and they are due tomorrow night. Not to mention I have to write a speech and judge a middle school speech meet...

So to the real problem here: I found a new girl. And I really like her. Best pick in a LONG time. She's smart (qualified for the AP US exam and only smart people qualify for that, and she does speech, which I think is pretty cool...), pretty, nice, good music tastes, bad ice-cream tastes (whose favorite ice cream is vanilla anyway? ), and she overall is a fairly great girl. So, I don't know what the problem is. I've been hanging out with her for anywhere from ~45minutes to ~1.5 hours a day for the past week and a half. She manages to hold up her end of the conversations perfectly, which not many girls I know can do...

Again, I really don't know what the problem is... other than possibly the following: Normally by this point I generally get the **** off signal from a girl or the, "I'm interested too" signal.
    How should I make it evident I'd rather be a little more than just friends?
    BACAMO
    Quote Originally Posted by Frasbee View Post
    Charity is gay.

Tell her you'll buy her something shiny if she can develop photographs. Jeeze- isn't it obvious?

No, but seriously, just ask her out. The whole confident-and-earnest thing will take you a long way, especially with a girl like that.
    Spammer Spanker

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Tell her you'll buy her something shiny if she can develop photographs. Jeeze- isn't it obvious?

No, but seriously, just ask her out. The whole confident-and-earnest thing will take you a long way, especially with a girl like that.
    HA! I seriously just fell out of my chair... Though it probably had something to do with the fact that I was leaning back in it while reading... I'll probably give it a week to a week-and-a-half mainly because I hate Valentines day and I don't want to do it anytime near VD... Then again my birthday is on the 26th and I don't want to be sad on my birthday... Hrmm... a puzzler this one is.
    BACAMO
    Charity is gay.

(Sad if she says no, and she will, considering my current streak... Though the Pats lost, so who knows what will happen!?!?!)
    BACAMO
    Charity is gay.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkDwarf View Post
    whose favorite ice cream is vanilla anyway? )
    Mine.