+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I just wanna play some videogames!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

I just wanna play some videogames!

One of my goals when I moved down to New Orleans was to find some people I could play videogames and hang out with.

Last night me and Amy went to this little non-profit coffee house called "Neutral Ground" and I over heard these 2 guys talking about Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic, and I thought "finally, some gamers!" , so before me and Amy left, I went over to talk to them.

But just looking at them I could tell they were waaaaaaaaaaaay nerdy. Definitely 2 steps above me in the nerd department. Unmanaged hair, poor dress, the one was gothed out and kept talking about his meds. And as soon I as brought up the topic of Halo, you woulda thought I was the antichrist.

"Um, I only play role playing and strategy games."

I got the one guy's number who said he'd be up for playing shooters and stuff, but there's no way in hell I'm calling him.

Why can't I find some f*ckers that play games who aren't socially awkward dorks?!

Because those who look like everybody else and are not socially ankward dorks are the ones who don't go out with a sign "I play videogames", even if they do play. Do you have a sign that tells people that you are gamer?
    Don't expect others more than you expect from yourself.
    Don't expect anything.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    Because those who look like everybody else and are not socially ankward dorks are the ones who don't go out with a sign "I play videogames", even if they do play. Do you have a sign that tells people that you are gamer?
    Don't expect others more than you expect from yourself.
    No, I dress "normal" if that's what you're asking.

It wasn't the dress so much as their self absorbed attitude. I could barely get a word in because they'd get so excited about talking about whatever it happened to be and I was barely able to weasel my way out of there because they wanted to tell me every little thing about the games they've played.

I worked in a videogame store, and met plenty of socially awkward individuals like that.

Shit, I'm just lookin' for a few people to play Halo every now and then. I'm so busy with work and other things I don't invest the time into certain games like these 2 guys were talkin' about.

"Yoooo, duuuude, ever play final fantasy? Yo, when you're on adderall you completely lose track of time, like time doesn't even exist. I played that game for 2 days straight, I even forgot to eat."

This kid still lives with his mom and stepdad, doesn't have a phone or even his own e-mail address.

In fact, my girlfriend said pretty much what you just said. Most guys my age play videogames, so I should probably just find "normal" people to hang out with, and the rest will probably come along with it.

You didn't get it, it seems. Dudes who are socially normal, dress and act like you. They don't openly speak about video games so you are looking from the wrong groups.
    Don't expect anything.

craigslist ad.
    Spammer Spanker

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post
    You didn't get it, it seems. Dudes who are socially normal, dress and act like you. They don't openly speak about video games so you are looking from the wrong groups.
    In fact, my girlfriend said pretty much what you just said. Most guys my age play videogames, so I should probably just find "normal" people to hang out with, and the rest will probably come along with it.
    Did you finish reading my post?

Oh, I am sorry, sometimes I miss things when I am not really concentrating heh.
    Don't expect anything.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    How come your gf won't play videogames with you? Or is that something you prefer to do with other menfolk.

I play videogames with my bf. Actually last Saturday we got stupid....we dug out the Mario Olympics for Wii, got hammered and played it for three hours, giggling like a couple of school kids. But unlike (most) schoolkids, we got to have crazy drunken sex afterwards. That was a good night.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    RPGs LOL

CS:S is keeping it real

I made my ex play Age of Empires, Empire Earth, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology and Command and Conqueer with me. She was ace on them.

Ah... good old times
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    I made my ex play Age of Empires, Empire Earth, Rise of Nations, Age of Mythology and Command and Conqueer with me. She was ace on them.

Ah... good old times
    Our base is under attack!!!

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    How come your gf won't play videogames with you? Or is that something you prefer to do with other menfolk.

I play videogames with my bf. Actually last Saturday we got stupid....we dug out the Mario Olympics for Wii, got hammered and played it for three hours, giggling like a couple of school kids. But unlike (most) schoolkids, we got to have crazy drunken sex afterwards. That was a good night.
    I play some games with her, she really likes the Half-Life mod, Portal. And she likes some of the more arcadey type games. I love playing Earth Defense Force with her, because it's simple, cooperative, but it's still hard.

However, when it comes to games like Halo 3 and other first person shooters, she doesn't even enjoy the first person perspective. So I need to look elsewhere, so long as I'm no able to get on-line to play.

Junket is offline -
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I posted somethin' on craigslist a while ago, lookin' for anybody who was up for playin' Halo or goin' out to play ultimate frisbee.

I actually got a response back a few nights ago, and I just called the guy today, he sounds like a down to earth guy, so Imma call him tomorrow and drag my 360 over there and see how it goes.

I like this whole "making a new life for myself" deal I got goin' on.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Good job, Fras. I hope he's relatively normal.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post

Ah... good old times
    My son loved AOE & AOM. Couldn't find 'Rome' for mac tho...

Now he's into 'A Bridge too Far' & has also started playing the old board version of these type games.

Fras, why don't you play good old cards, or scrabble or the like w/Amy? Or invite some ppl over to play cards or a game like Cranium? Computer games just seem so isolating to me... and good board games cost less than a computer game, fyi.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast