+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Roommate?

Roommate?

Ok, I know this makes me a terribly pathetic person. But I fell in love with my gay male roommate. I'm a girl which of course doesn't work in my favor.

I didn't like him like that when I first met him but we became very close. He calls me his wife and ect. We talk about everything and anything.

We've definitely talked about if he'd like girls and ect. and for the most part he is extremely bipolar about it. He's definitely said he'd fall in love with anyone not based on their gender. He's said he'd have sex with girls ect. But then on certain times it seems like he goes completely the opposite way. Like he'd make fun of heterosexuality and ect. Which of course is a cool thing to do when I'm accepting of his sexuality. UGH.

Well, I just want to know basically if it would be a good idea to tell him I love him? He is dating someone right now which really shouldn't change anything because its not like he's going to like me back. (Note: weird thing about this person he's dating is the fact that we both pointed out that he's the male version of me)

I just want to get it off my chest. Could this make things awkward? Or would it make things less because we'd at least know where each other stands. And he can tell me no for good kind of deal?

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    with everything that you said, he seems like your roommate is willing to be bi if it comes down to it. why don't you just tell him.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

Tedel Guest
    I'm not sure what to advice here. If he's gay or bi, you'd likely end up sharing him with another... man =S. The bright side is... that you will know whether he likes you or not.

If you feel comfortable with the possibility of being rejected, tell him. If not, just tell him you like him and see where does lead to.

Good luck.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is an icky situation to be in. I think you need to forget about it. Honestly, even if something were to happen between you, it likely wouldn't last and you'd end up heartbroken. Just because he's 'kind of' into girls, doesn't mean he's willing to give up men.

Don't be that girl who's bf is banging men behind her back. That always ends up bad.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

The fag hag thing aside, the fact that he is your roommate is a big problem, here. If he freaks out about this, your whole life could be upheaved.

If you can find a way to let him know that his extreme wonderfulness is transcending the barriers in place due to his sexual orientation without making it a problem he has to solve for you, then great, but if you just dump this in his lap, you won't be doing either one of you any favors.
    Spammer Spanker