+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Talking in the evening

Talking in the evening

Hey all. I've been dating a man for 9 months and we're very serious, in love, have discussed marriage, etc. We both have children from a previous marriage (he's divorced, I'm widowed). He has 50/50 custody of his daughter where he has her for one week and his wife has her for the next week. I have two children full time.

My guy and I see each other about 3 evenings a week (with children, it's impossible to make it more than that). I'm so used to being married and having a husband who called often if he went somewhere in the evening. A year after my husband's death, I dated a different man who called every night we were apart.

This man I'm seeing now seems to only call in the evenings of the weeks when he is home with his daughter. If it is the week he doesn't have his daughter, we don't talk unless I call him. Yes, I can and do call him, but it bothers me that he would be so busy not to think of calling me unless he's essentially stuck home with a child. Am I wrong? It's not as though he's trying to have space...he cares about me and wants to see me as often as possible. He's also a strong communicator - it's not as though he doesn't like to talk on the phone. I just need to know if I'm expecting too much. ???

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, ask him what he's doing on his 'off nights'. Is he working, partying w/the boys?

FWIW, I do think its unusual not to have some kind of daily contact with an SO as serious as you two sound. It doesn't have to be long, protracted conversations, but a quick phone call or email isn't off the mark.

Why did he divorce from his ex? Just curious if it was for a similar reason. Careful w/divorced ppl; make sure they have sorted their shit out before jumping into a serious relationship with them.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh