+ Follow This Topic

Thread: i want to keep hanging out but....

i want to keep hanging out but....

So Ive been on a few dates with this girl, and the other night she drops on me that she just got out of a relationship where she was engaged... etc. So Im thinking she's probly not ready and today she tells me this exact thing... but wants to keep hanging out as friends and see if it works out by the time she's ready.

I told her Im def looking for something more serious but am down to keep hanging.

My question is.... am I wasting my time with this girl? Is this just an excuse cause Ive been there and felt not ready but knew that if the right girl came along I would be ready to move on.

gracias

i dont know what is wrong with being just friends! she says she wants to hang out as friends, you seem to enjoy her company, so be her ****ing friend. that's all she wants right now. if the ONLY reason you want to hang out with her is because you are hoping for a serious relationship, then yes, it is quite possible you are "wasting your time." but if she makes you smile, if she makes you laugh, if she makes you think, even if it is just as a friend, then how is that a waste of time?? if you both are clear that you are just friends then you are free to date other girls, and who knows, maybe this one will come around, but if not, at least you have gained a friend. just be straight about everything

well said...bravo
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.