+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Not sure what move to make...

Not sure what move to make...

Hello all,
    I can't believe that I'm actually resorting to doing this, but essentially my problem is that I am, and have been, infatuated with this girl I 'know' for approximately the past 2.5 years, and even now I think about her a lot.
    To be honest we never really knew each other too well, but we went to the same school together, that is until I left to go somewhere else. At that time I never really considered approaching her as I knew she was already in a relationship, and as such I simply moved on and tried to push her out of my mind (to no avail lol). However I did sense a 'spark' between the two of us.
    Fast-forward a couple of years, and I am now living within the same vicinity to where she is once again, and through the magic of social networking sites, I know she is single too. I would love to make some sort of contact with her, but I am reluctant to do it via any method other than actual face-to-face. But I know this is not an option, as I have no means with which to create such a scenario. So through the internet it must be done.
    Simply put, I do not want to come across as a creep, as we haven't spoken in a very long time. Furthermore I imagine she gets this kinda thing a lot from other guys, seeing as she's both very attractive and very intelligent .
    Anyway, any advice as to how I should go about talking to her, or even whether it's worth it at all?

P.S. I am 18, and she must be... 16.5?
    Thanks in advance.

The magic of social networking sites is right there at your fingertips and you hesitate to use it... why? It's not creepy to add someone you barely know as a friend on Facebook. It's creepy to actually meet someone this way and decide you're into her, but not to reconnect.
    Spammer Spanker

Yeah you're right, but what would I actually say to her that wouldn't sound creepy? I mean it's been such a while...
    Thanks for the reply.

Oh, just keep it light- like, "Hey, I remember you! Whatcha been up to for the past couple of years?" and then add an equal amount of stuff about you, so she doesn't feel like she's being interrogated.

Try to find some others from that school to add at the same time. That will make it seem more casual and also provide more threads in your little web of love. It's not creepy at all, really.
    Spammer Spanker

Hmm I will give it some thought, thank you!
    Anyone else?

I agree with Giga about making use of what you currently have available, even if it is an online site.

You don't have to use the internet to forge a relationship with the girl, but you can use it to set up a face-to-face meeting with her.

Once you've made the initial contact, invite her someplace casual with a small time commitment (many use a coffee place-it's low pressure and a casual environment).

~Sphinx
    You don't need eyes to see, you need vision. ~Faithless, Reverence.

Be a man and go talk to her... Tell her: "Hey, aren't you [her name]? I'm [your name] remember me?" And then say that you'd love to continue talking to her but you have to go so just arrange a coffee or something.