+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Is it too few to see each other only once a week?

Is it too few to see each other only once a week?

I don't know whether it is because the schedule is too busy for him or he intentionally does this, anyway, we only see each other once in a whole week. That's kinda of too few for me. No calls, no text, only email to contact. Honestly, i feel pretty much upset without any contact when dating, I even don't feel like in a dating sth. Kinda of frustrated. Does this happen to you guys? Is he not that into me?

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    This is exactly the reason I don't date. No matter how much I like a girl, I really don't want to speak to her on the phone, and I don't want to see her every day. In fact, I'd say seeing her once a week is too damn much for me. Can't you find something to keep yourself entertained? Isn't there a hobby you could take up? Why must you monopolize on his time?
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Well, the way I see it is this: when a guy has a real keen interest in you, he will go out of his way to see you as much as possible (without being obsessive, of course). If he can't see you, he will contact you in SOME way. But to only see you once a week with little to no contact in between tells me his interest in you is pretty limited.

Not all guys think like Gribble (no offense to you Grib, I'm just offering a point of view)...in fact, my bf asked me to move in with him because he said he enjoys me being around and likes to see me as often as possible. When we first started dating he would call me at least every second or third day, or send me sweet text messages. This guy of yours, it would seem, doesn't really care.

How long have you guys been dating, anyways?
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Maybe you ought to find out what type of guy he is...

Could be he is the same type as Grib , then you can refer him...otherwise, he's not very into you or hiding something.
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.

How long have you been dating this guy? If it's only early days, I wouldn't get too worried.

Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Well, the way I see it is this: when a guy has a real keen interest in you, he will go out of his way to see you as much as possible (without being obsessive, of course). If he can't see you, he will contact you in SOME way. But to only see you once a week with little to no contact in between tells me his interest in you is pretty limited.
    Yeah, most guys in love do anything to see their girlfriend.
    They can make time if they want to ..

we've only begin to date for two weeks sth. still in the very first stage,I should say. He is a kinda of very serious person, and kinda of taking it slow. We even haven't hold each other's hands, right now. I know his working schedule is extremely busy right now. But I just feel without contact is kinda of weird to me.

but when we meet with each other, he seems very interested to me, keeping long eyes contact with me, laughing at my jokes, kinda having body contact with me gently, paying great attention to what I like or dislike...

Are you absolutely sure he's not already involved with someone else? The thing about not holding hands indicates to me that he doesn't want to be seen being affectionate.

Once a week would not be enough for me, either. Contact twice a week is the bare minimum to keep a relationship going, IMO.
    Spammer Spanker

anachronistic Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gribble View Post
    This is exactly the reason I don't date. No matter how much I like a girl, I really don't want to speak to her on the phone, and I don't want to see her every day. In fact, I'd say seeing her once a week is too damn much for me. Can't you find something to keep yourself entertained? Isn't there a hobby you could take up? Why must you monopolize on his time?
    I agree. I am sick of those girls that want to be attached at the hip. Except I wouldn't mind seeing them every day, as long as it wasn't all day.

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Screw all you people. I'm going to go live on a mountain and be a hermit.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I am not a girl like to be around with man all day.. I would love the relationship with one's own space and life. I also don't quite mind only seeing once each week. But without any contact does kinda of freaking me out.. I don't know men, but for girls, when in a relationship or in a dating, they will think of the other part from time to time, and hoping to be contacted with.. not often, but at least some, to know that he is thinking of you.. However, girls are kinda of holding back, we cannot make this move to contact, especially at the very first stage.. So, you see, this is the problem.. I don't know whether I am asking too much.. but, this does make me frustrated..

Quote Originally Posted by Gigabitch View Post
    Are you absolutely sure he's not already involved with someone else? The thing about not holding hands indicates to me that he doesn't want to be seen being affectionate.

Once a week would not be enough for me, either. Contact twice a week is the bare minimum to keep a relationship going, IMO.

The only body contact till now is the goodbye kiss at the cheek..