+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Should I wait it out??

Should I wait it out??

It may seem dumb, but have you ever found someone that, within a short amount of time, you are almost completely captivated by that person?
    When I think about love at first sight I scoff at the idea. Its usually lust at first sight in my opinion.
    Anyways..

I met a guy not but about two months ago. And we've been seeing eachother for the majority of that time. He lives in Longview, I live in Tyler..But between the both of us, we see eachother atleast 3-4x a week despite work and other things. Now, I'm not saying that it was infact, love at first sight..Like I said, I'm not too keen on the idea...However, I noticed very quickly that he was something different and that with time I would love him.
    He was something different and strange, but perfect, despite all the crap he'd done in the past that I'd been warned about. I was different for him as well. I knew it, his parents knew it, his friends new it..even his ex's new it.

He gave me a ring of his...not even remotely worth anything money-wise, but everything emotionally. It was what he said "represented him" and it was a promise to me that he wouldn't hurt me.

We started dating a few weeks later. Everything felt....right.
    I usually have a hard time keeping interest in a guy...I will be attracted to him mentally, but not physically...Vice versa...or even, I'll be attracted to him mentally and physically but not spritually. Too many combinations to list.
    Jacob, I was attracted to in every way.
    I didn't, and don't, love him..but I knew it was ahead in the near future that those three words would spill out.

I've been confused...For the past two days I hadn't heard a word from him. Granted, he did have work all day those two days..but it still upset me.
    Last night I recieved a text from him and upon calling him, I found out that he plans to move to California for a while to get his mind off of things.
    His mother has cancer, his parents are splitting up, and he's at a crossroads in his life. I told him I understood, that I'd probably do the same if given the opportunity.
    He informed me that none of this was from me. It had been reoccuring thought in his head well before he knew me.
    Hurt by this, I assumed he would want his ring back. I was certain he'd find another girl. Small town girls don't tend to fair well in these types of situations. He immediately replied and said no, that he didn't want anyone else but me, and wouldn't ever either. He reminded me that the ring was his promise and that he intended to keep it.
    He also, halfway stuttering his words, said that if I'd have him when he came back, he wanted to be with me again. He just didn't see the fairness in keeping me in limbo while in California.

So now I'm all heartbroken and sad..with nothing but that ring to hold onto until then. I'm not sure how long he'll be gone..It could be a month, or even until he starts school at ETBU in the fall.
    Am I completely ridiculous for thinking this could work? He'll only be gone for a couple of months, should I even try to move on? I'm verrry lost right now.
    Thoughts and comments are appreciated...

trust him.......until he gives you reason not to. it's only way. this sounds like something special, good luck

I'd let him sort his things out first and at the same time, hold on to it for just a little longer.

Don't stop having a life though - go out with your friends and have fun.
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I've gone away for a whole year and my girl's waiting for me; and I'm going to make it worth her while when I get back. If it's only a couple of months I'd wait.