+ Follow This Topic

Thread: I'm Seeking Opinions

I'm Seeking Opinions

Okay, here goes... there was this guy who I was crazy about. Our friendship dates back to high school, when I met him in a class. By the time I got the courage up to ask him out, he had just started dating this other girl.

Fast foward 3 years... he moved to FL (I'm in PA); he graduated a year ahead of me. We lost touch --- until 3 years later when I saw his s/n sign on AIM. Turned out his girlfriend (the girl he started dating in HS) was leaving him for her ex.

We became best friends, even with the distance. I talked to him for HOURS every night. I find out he always had feelings for me, but for some reason, he had the impression I had no interest in him (until I asked him out, of course). The more we talked, the more it became evident we STILL had feelings for each other --- I couldn't get the balls up to move to FL on a whim, and he hated PA.

Fast forward another 3 years... he moves to back to PA to be with me. Problem is, I'm in this relationship and we're in the process of moving to FL (ironic?) I cared about this guy, had a pretty strong feeling we'd work out, but couldn't break the currente relationshipI was in, off. Shame because this relationship was a train wreck from the beginning but I didn't want to hurt the boyfriend.

I moved to FL, continued to talk to this guy (on a friendship level - I made this very clear) --- meanwhile, the relationship I was in continued to deteriorate, even though I tried (I think) my darndest to work things out. I decided I had all I could take mentally, and decided I was going to move back home. I made the mistake of telling the guy, so his hopes got up. Anyway, my boyfriend fell apart, begged me to stay & I felt like I had to. I stay, the guy and I quit talking, and the relationship between the boyfriend & I eventually ends anyway.

Fast forward another 2 years - the guy has never been off my mind. I would start a letter or email dozens of times, but never send it... I felt guilty. I knew I hurt him. A couple of months ago I finally did it. Little to my surprise, he also missed talking to me. We talk almost every night again, although a relationship hasn't been mentioned.

I'm still in FL, but I'm planning a vacation up home in mid-August. He's still there... and I'd like to do something with him. Considering we just started talking after 2 years, should I ask him now, or wait until it's closer to the date? I don't want to scare him off or lose him again. Who knows... maybe something lies in our cards eventually. He's still single, btw.

Sorry for the long post. That's the VERY short version of our past. Opinions?
    Last edited by CoolCalico2001; 26-03-08 at 09:13 AM.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I say it wouldn't hurt to let him know you're planning to be out that way in August. I honestly don't think it would scare him off, he'll probably be happy to see you. Give it a shot.

I had a on/off thing over the years like this too. Honestly, if I wasn't with my current bf, I'd be with that guy. Timing just always seems to be off.....so yeah in a way I know how you're feeling.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Go for it and meet up with him if you're both single and like each other. After all these years ... you should give him a go.

I agree with the posters above. It wouldn't hurt to let him know. After all those years... and you're both single now so it would be nice to finally meet up and do something together.
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

I'm so touch...this is like the love story in drama...
    It’s hard to find someone whom u truly love, much less to find someone who loves u as much.
    When the chance comes, don't ever let go.

Thanks guys! We were actually talking over the computer Friday night & I was trying to work up the courage to casually mention getting together in August... he already knew I was coming up around that time to go camping with my family.

Anyway... he bought it up all by himself! That makes me feel that much better that maybe something can eventually come of all this wrong-place/wrong-time situations in the past.