+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Very unpleasant problem

Very unpleasant problem

I have a very very unpleasant problem. Anytimes one of my friends starts seeing a girl, I fall in love with her. It happens even when I had had absolutely no interest in her before. Then it is torment for me watching them kiss and do all those things boy and girl do. It has already gotten me into lot of problems and I can't find a way out of it. It just keeps happening.

Ya, it can happen when you have been single too long. Find someone to kiss.

But yes, I may not know a lot about these kind of things, so maybe someone wiser stops by.
    Don't expect anything.

Quote Originally Posted by KisanDalom View Post
    I have a very very unpleasant problem. Anytimes one of my friends starts seeing a girl, I fall in love with her. It happens even when I had had absolutely no interest in her before.
    Interesting. So you only fall in love with these girls in question when they go out with your friends, but not at any other time? What is it about your friends dating these girls that brings about these feelings?
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

You could be having the 'I want what I can't have' syndrome...
    Boredom sucks the colour out of you!

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Interesting. So you only fall in love with these girls in question when they go out with your friends, but not at any other time? What is it about your friends dating these girls that brings about these feelings?
    I don't know. I'll give an example: there was one girl in the grade two years younger of me. I didn"t think of her as ugly but I never gave her a second look. A few weeks ago my friend started dating her and suddenly I see things in her that I didn't and have a crush that makes me crazy.

It sounds to me like you don't make your own judgments. You let your friends tell you what's good and what's not. You just need to think more for yourself.
    Spammer Spanker

It may even be jealousy or envious behavior that is hidden from your conscious.

KisanDalom,
    Maybe you should look at what your motives are.Things don't just happen on their own and you do have control,you just have to work on having control over your emotions.Maybe you have been single way to long.I dunno.Maybe you have a problem meeting women and that could be a huge problem.You need to search your heart and work on finding your own woman on your own time and not on your friends time.A real friend never takes someone elses woman.Do you want to be known as the guy who takes friends woman and dates them.What would happen if your guy friend married a woman,would you have some self-control then?What makes a married woman any different than the woman that are dating your guy friends?Work on yourself and you'll find out why you do this.Some therapy could be helpful,because you may of learned this behavior from someone else. Your probably a nice guy,you just have to work harder at not taking any of your guy friends and stop crushing on them.Hope that helps you some.Have a great weekend! Sincerely Rose

Quote Originally Posted by KisanDalom View Post
    I have a very very unpleasant problem. Anytimes one of my friends starts seeing a girl, I fall in love with her. It happens even when I had had absolutely no interest in her before. Then it is torment for me watching them kiss and do all those things boy and girl do. It has already gotten me into lot of problems and I can't find a way out of it. It just keeps happening.

IMO, if u r really in love with a girl, u wouldnt even look at another woman, bcuz u feel that the girl u have now, is the prettiest, sweetest, most gentle n loving ever girl. Only if u dont quarrel..
    so maybe if u like another girl who is single, go for her n start a serious relationship.. hope it helps...

Tedel Guest
    I smell plenty of insecurity in this case.