+ Follow This Topic

Thread: mixed feelings on a second chance

mixed feelings on a second chance

I've been going out with this girl for lil bit over 2 months and the feelings we had for each other were really up there. I could say things started moving pretty fast about future plans which was my mistake. She would bring up conversations about her friends getting recently engaged. Everything was going very very smooth with no problems till this week. I went to her work this week after she got out of her meeting and was worried that her job was going to relocate her for a month or 2 in Texas. She really got thinking about the relationship and work. When I first saw her after the meeting I went for peck on the lips and she gave me the cheek. We went to the lake and talked, I noticed something was wrong, but I just didn't want to ask her if something was wrong. Later that night she called me she finally let it all out. She is the kind of person that does not show her saddness, keeps it all bottled up. Well she told me she was scared of me asking her if something was wrong, because she would of broke there in tears. We both discussed how things started moving too fast in the begining. She mention that her emotional feelings towards me on a scale of 1-10 was at 10 and now she would rate it as a 5 . She knows I have very strong feelings for her. She says she still loves me, but unsure about her feelings for me because its hard for her to explain. she came up with the option of giving the relationship another chance or just end it there and still be good friends. We talked yesterday and said she honestly wants things to work out, but I get the feeling that she wants to just seprate little by little.
    So I thought about just giving up, but then thought it's worth a shot giving it 2-3 weeks if there is any improvment. So now I want to know what approach should I take the next time I see her... My plans are meeting up with her...taking her out to lunch or dinner... maybe just give her a hug... no kisses... no holding hands...and try not to mention anything about the relationship. Anything I should add ?

Yeah. Not worth it. Sorry.

yep. dont think its worth it. she is just trying to let you off easy, and the emotional rating of 5 was a real kick in the ass.

I agree with IceQueen. You can't magically make someone fall back in love with you.
    One day the Moon said to me, "If he makes you cry, why dont you leave him?" I looked up at the Moon and said, "Moon would you ever leave your sky?"

peshkunta Guest
    She is either a liar or bipolar. How does one go from 10 to 5 in two months. Kick her to the curb and get yourself a real girl. Don't even bother explaining yourself to her.

Well It's been already 2 weeks and things have gotton better so far. It seems like she is a bit closer to me than before. Now it's me gettin distant at times because I guess I have been focusing on the small details too much. Today she called me and told me she might be going out of town for 3 months because of her dad's work. It seems like she doesn't want to go away for so long, but she is daddy's lil girl.