+ Follow This Topic

Thread: How can I protect her? And maybe get her back.

How can I protect her? And maybe get her back.

Hello,

First I want to apologize in case I write something that's not correct in the English language, it's not my maternal language.
    Of course there are love fora in my own language but I thought I'd be able to get more advise and stay more anonymously on an English forum. I don't want my ex-girlfriend to read this or something, she'd know immediatly it's me and I don't think it would be good.

Me and my girlfriend broke apart almost 4 months ago. The last 4 months there was no moment I didn't want her back. First I understood she said it was because our relationship was quite long (not very long but nevertheless it was 1 year, 3 months and 12 days). Now I still want her back very much and I just know for sure it's because she's my true love. I notice in everything.

I decided she needed time, I was prepared to give it to her. I know I made very much mistakes in our relationship but I learned about it and feel very guilty about the most stupid things. I'm changed and she knows, I prooved to her. We are now very good friends and I did everything to make her feel good and accepted that she needed time. It didn't work well always, sometimes she had difficult times, but I was always on time to help her.
    Unfortunately she met some guy 2 weeks ago and he helped her too get trough a difficult time (I was doing that too but didn't knew anything about him until last week). Now she told me she fell in love with him. First I didn't see the problem, after all she fell in love with someone else a few weeks ago too and that never was a problem. But this time, she told me, the feelings were reciprocal and now she has something with him since this weekend.
    What I'm concerned about is that she doesn't know him, after last week she wouldn't be able to process it if she'd get hurt.
    I don't really know him but from everything I know about him I can see that he's not her type.

Also I know from someone that knows him he can be insistent, I don't want this to hurt her.

I don't trust him at all and it's very difficult to me. I talked with her about this and about my feelings to her, last sunday and today too. It went quite well, she told she could remind the feelings she once had for me again and we did something close, not too close, but close enough...
    She said she didn't wanted that to happen again, I understand that, she doesn't want to be like that.

I followed the conversation they had online while I was with her, they'll meet tomorrow. I'm very worried. I don't want something to happen tomorrow.
    I don't know how I can handle this situation. The best would be if she'd break up with this guy. He really isn't reliable at all and she's very sensitive. Of course I can't really expect that, but what can I do? How do I make her clear she should be carefull, how can I occur any damage? How can I solve this situation?

This is my very first concern at the moment. Of course it would be nice for us to get together again, but I still want her to give her time for that if she need it. Tips for that are welcome too of course but that other situation is more urgently right know, how can I protect her against this guy?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I'm sorry my friend, but you can't protect her from herself. If she likes this guy, there is nothing you can do to stop her that won't make you look like you are mentally unstable.

I suggest you take better care of yourself. You should not be trying to maintain a friendship with a girl you love that doesn't love you back. You are rubbing salt into your own wound.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

In the last few weeks, especially last week it became very clear I'm one of the only people she still trusts. I'm the only one that can help her and I see it as my job. She can't do it at her own right now, she was planning to finish herself last week. I can't leave her now, she needs me and knows she can call me whenever she needs me. But this is something very important and urgent and I don't know immediatly what to do.

I also know she still loves me. But she's very confussed right now and her feelings for me are deep inside her, but they are there.

Someone any idea's?

I'm really worried this very moment.

I sended her a textmessage this morning wishing her luck (cause I knew she was going to see him today) and said she should be careful. I also asked to send me a message back during the afternoon so I knew I shouldn't be worried.

I didn't received that message and she's still nog online, I'm really worried.

Anyone any ideas for now, or the future? To handle this situation?