+ Follow This Topic
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: So I have a crush on this girl...

Stand up, pump your fists against your chest a couple of times, do a couple of runnings around the house, get yourself hyped up, enegry flowing. She gave you the number, you are the man! Call. Ask whats up, tell her you are going to somewhere and need some company or something. An art gallery, or what type of person you are?
    Don't expect anything.

The person that doesn't have a car.

Quote Originally Posted by TSA09 View Post
    The person that doesn't have a car.
    So having a car is a rule in america?
    Don't expect anything.

No. What I meant by that, is that I have no transportation to go anywhere, unless I get my dad to drive me, which I don't think would be too good.

Ugh, yea, I guess things are different in USA or wherever you live... Big cities eh... Why not go some place close then? Or get a taxi if that doesn't kill you?

Dating cultures are so different.... Why is it that guy is expected to have a car?

It also seems to me that you are making up excuses.

Just call and ask whats up, what she does in the summer, tell her that maybe you can hang out... You don't have anything to lose, right?
    Last edited by boobaa; 22-05-08 at 04:00 AM.
    Don't expect anything.

Well, I've made some progress - she wrote me her number in my yearbook when she signed last week. Thing is, I'm too nervous to actually call her. Anyone have any tips on how to not be so shy and how to be more social?
    You're gonna have to get over this shyness... most girls won't make the first move, so if you don't make a move it'll never work.

The worst thing that can happen is she says no... you just chalk it up as a learning experience and move on.

I called the number today. (can't believe it took me this long)

And some woman anwered. I asked her if the girl was there, but she said that she's at home. (i assume that it was her mom who answered)

So, why the hell would she give me her mom's number?

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by boobaa View Post

Dating cultures are so different.... Why is it that guy is expected to have a car?
    Because unless you live in New York or San Fransisco (where you don't need a car), there are not many other options for getting around in the U.S. Public transportation is either non-existent or inconvenient. For example, in Los Angeles (where I live), our city is very spread out. We don't build things up too high due to earthquakes. Our public buses can run as infrequently as every hour and a half on weekends, and even when you can catch them, they rarely take you close enough to where you are going to make it a convenient option. Plus, in certain parts of the city, they are crime-ridden, and loaded with perverts. I had my ass grabbed more often than I care to remember on crowded buses. Add to the problem that many people live outside of Los Angeles County and travel in to work, and there is very little public transportation to accomdate them.

Our trains are very expensive (it is actually less expensive to drive) and again, don't necessarily take you where you really want to go. They are more often used as a source of entertainment for non-business people.

Yes, in Los Angeles (and many other American cities), you need a car to date.

In the more suburban or rural areas, people often like to go to the nearby cities for dating.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Maybe shes afraid of you, did you do something you shouldn't o.O

Anyone have any tips on how I can forget about this crush?

Did you try to call again? Maybe ask if you can get her number wherever she is now? Just do it already. Maybe they share a cell phone?

I don't really have any interest in getting her number. I just want to get over this crush for good.

I don't really have any interest in getting her number. I just want to get over this crush for good.
    Then don't call her?

"Hey... I only called you so I could get over this crush I had... cya!"
    I don't chase, I replace.

Quote Originally Posted by Cain View Post
    Then don't call her?

"Hey... I only called you so I could get over this crush I had... cya!"

I only called that number one time, two months ago...

Great! send her sweet text message everyday. Cheer up her day and for sure she's going to reply with "i miss you".....

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast