+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Myanmar

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"

Myanmar

Why are we bending over backwards trying to deliver aid to this country when their government isn't allowing it? The US should return to a policy of isolationism. Why we do the things we do when other people don't even appreciate it...

"Avoid foreign entanglements" - Washington's farewell speech. We should follow it much more closely

Never again should the US work against a dictatorship or military regime. ESPECIALLY if it is somewhat friendly to the US. Saddam Hussein and his sons were actually good guys, they were ruling that country the only way they could

It's like Darfur, fucck them, if we helped them either 1) nobody would give a shit or acknowledge our help and go on hating on the US, or / and 2) the people we "helped" would end up hating us

We should just let the 3rd world countries that are live in the oppression of their own governments and not give a shit about what is going on. And in the meantime, work to get out of this fuccking economic slump by not speanding $600 billion per year on that shithole Iraq. I love when other countries say stuff like "We have free healthcare!!" Dumbasses don't realize they also don't spend $600 BILLION dollars on 3rd world countries every year

Imagine financing greater engineering projects from contractors like Raytheon, Lockheed-Martin, Boeing, Northrop Grunman... With $600 billion per year in that and NASA, people would be fuccking walking on Mars

Charlie Boy II is offline Registered User
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    What a rant. But the core of what you're saying is illogical - it's Burma's government that's rejecting the aid, not its citizens. And you can hardly blame the fact that the US doesn't have free healthcare on Iraq. Or even complain about the money going towards the war effort. After all, America invaded Iraq (along with Australia). It was the aggressor. Having sparked the disaster, don't you think the "coalition of the willing" has an ethical responsibility not to abandon the Iraqis to civil war. And then there's the oil there. That might come in handy.

Tone Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DoesntMatter View Post
    Saddam Hussein and his sons were actually good guys
    LoL

Illusional is offline different state of mind
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    the US always tries to run the world.

raverboy
    ...this is just my perspective on the situation...

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I think we should have left Sadaam in power. I don't think he was a good guy, but he did have control, and fewer people were dying.

Too late now; we are stuck.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Vietnam all over again.

on valentines day there was a 6ft valentines day card in the middle of campus and students were queing to sign it.

"make love not war" - it was sent to Gordon Brown
    Gee..I thought I saw a pussycat. ~PCD

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Whether we pull out nor or in ten years there will be a civil war in Iraq. And whoever takes the reigns is going to make Saddam look like a saint.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

I really can't think of a reason to visit the U.S.

On topic though, Charlie Boy II sums it up pretty well.
    Last edited by Lipp; 11-05-08 at 06:55 PM.

this also bugs me. it bugs me that people hate on the u.s., but most other governments in the world oppress their people, starve them, don't inform them about natural disasters, etc. but people hate our government and have a bunch of bad stuff to say about it.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

^ The way it should be.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

tooxshort is offline Souljah
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by misombra View Post
    this also bugs me. it bugs me that people hate on the u.s., but most other governments in the world oppress their people, starve them, don't inform them about natural disasters, etc. but people hate our government and have a bunch of bad stuff to say about it.
    The problem is: The U.S. just needs to mind its own business. That's where all the hating comes from.
    no autographs, please!

The more I see, the more I don't know for sure. - John Lennon

Life is ... Too Short.

"It seems we living the 'American Dream', but the people highest up got the lowest self-esteem. The prettiest people do the ugliest things ... for the road to riches and diamond rings."

Quote Originally Posted by tooxshort View Post
    The problem is: The U.S. just needs to mind its own business. That's where all the hating comes from.
    i think we should help. but help from the u.s. comes at a cost. we expect a lot in return.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

DoesntMatter is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    And you can hardly blame the fact that the US doesn't have free healthcare on Iraq. Or even complain about the money going towards the war effort.
    I'm not blaming or lack of free healthcare on Iraq. Just saying that the money spent there would give us free healthcare for quite some time

Quote Originally Posted by Charlie Boy II View Post
    After all, America invaded Iraq (along with Australia). It was the aggressor. Having sparked the disaster, don't you think the "coalition of the willing" has an ethical responsibility not to abandon the Iraqis to civil war.
    The Iraqi's also need to take responsibility now. It is past a reasonable time frame for us to continue helping them

Yeah

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    We catch shit if we mind our own business, too. Look at the civil wars in Africa. Lots of people think we should intervene.

People hate the ones they percieve to be on top. They also hate when you don't chose their side.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Youu guuuuuuuysss! All we really need is a gas-tax holiday!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast