+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ladies how inescapable is your "friend zone"? :)

Ladies how inescapable is your "friend zone"? :)

This is a question for the ladies about a topic i feel a lot of men are trying to address, without ever listening to the source of our struggles, the ladies!

So ladies, here are some questions that will hopefully help me and some of those guys who fall victim to the "friend zone".

How do you distinguish which man you put into the friendzone and which you do not?

How many of you ladies feel its important to be friends with a male before starting a relationship?

and lastly and most importantly...

If a guy is in your friendzone, and hes intersted in you romantically, what would you recommend he do to escape your friends zone (if even necessary), in order to be romantic with you?

Ladies you have no idea how badly many guys including myself struggle with this issue, your input is greatly appreciated.

Just another friend,

Xcepshun

Every time I have let someone escape the Friend Zone, it has ended in disaster. My Friend Zone is like Guantanamo Bay.
    Spammer Spanker

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Tell him honestly & clearly that you aren't interested. Don't send him mixed messages so he holds hope. This way, he can move on to other ppl.

Or, if you have a hot, single friend, hook her up w/him. Two birds w/one stone.

Or, wait, are you a guy asking how to *escape* the friend zone? Can't be done, unless she's already interested. Which means you're not really 'just friends' in the first place. Then, its all about timing.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh

my friend zone is a black hole.

nobody escapes.

imo, guys go to the friend zone because they are afraid to express how they really feel.
    baby ya hustle. but me i hustle harder.

If you're in my friend zone you will know it right away. If a woman wants to keep you there, that's right where you will stay. I don't know if you can escape it.
    everything happens for a reason...beginning to wonder why.

What about, If you just want to make female friends.
    For me, it has't worked out so nicely, almost all females just want to get into a relationship...
    I love to have friends of either gender and not take it seriously.
    Girls are hard to please sometimes, even when you tried your best, they still want more.
    You have to find a Girl that doesn't set standards too high for any guy she meets.
    Keep trying, and you'll eventually find a combination that works to open the lock.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Friend zone is where you end up if the girl is not attracted to you or doesn't feel comfortable with you. If the girl is both attracted to you and feels comfortable with you, you are half way in her panties already.
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Quote Originally Posted by Mishanya View Post
    Friend zone is where you end up if the girl is not attracted to you or doesn't feel comfortable with you. If the girl is both attracted to you and feels comfortable with you, you are half way in her panties already.
    Not sure, If I want this to happen to some of my female friends.
    My dance partner like mentioned before is married, and I respect that, but would never want to ruin her relationship because I like her as a friend.
    I'm fine with just being friends, not sure If she would keep going to the dance classes and be my partner, If she wasn't comfortable with me.

P.S. I even got her to compete in June and learn newer steps in the Latin Silver / Gold when September comes around.
    I'm fine with the friend thing, as long as we can both agree on it and there are no conflicts there are no situations that will make it worse.

" Nothing is a waste of time, if you use the experience wisely."
    => Auguste Rodin

Quote Originally Posted by Kromat View Post
    Not sure, If I want this to happen to some of my female friends.
    My dance partner like mentioned before is married, and I respect that, but would never want to ruin her relationship because I like her as a friend.
    I'm fine with just being friends, not sure If she would keep going to the dance classes and be my partner, If she wasn't comfortable with me.
    It's different if they are in a relationship, some lines shouldn't be crossed.

I was more referring to the single ones to the OP
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

Escaping from friend zone is easy. You just pack your things and go far away, never come back. There. Escaped. You are free now.
    Don't expect anything.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It depends, because I've kept guys as friends that I've actually really liked, but was waiting for the right time to let them know. However, I think it's pretty obvious that I haven't thrown that wall up, because if they get flirty with me, I'll flirt back. Or I'll be more 'physical' with them.

However, there are those guys that you meet that you know immediatly you could not be attracted to no matter what (physically or mentally) and they get slotted into the friend zone immediatly and stay there forever. There's no getting out of it, and I generally make it pretty clear to those guy friends that there's NO interest on my part....I never flirt, I bring bf's to meet them, and would never hang out with them alone in any setting that was too 'date-like'.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

When guy enter the "friendzone" it's very rare for him to leave that zone. If you're in it for too long you start to become like a brother and any romantic passes become awkward.

If a girl is interested, she's interested - and you'll know it.
    If you're in the friendzone, she probably just wanted to be friends.
    "When someone loves you, they say your name differently. You know your name is safe in their mouth."
    --random book[/B]

The friend zone isn't some huge obstacle that most men make it out to be. If you clearly show that you're interested in a relationship, you won't be put there. She'll simply tell you she's not interested.

The problem is that guys either over pursue the woman which scares her off, or he takes things too slow and she doesn't look at him that way anymore. The key is to draw a line between being her friend and being her lover.

The biggest key, in my opinion, is don't be the kleenex she uses to wipe her nose and tears. Just don't become the guy she tells all her problems to. If there was any interest, it'll probably go away because she doesn't want to lose that friendship. Let her female friends be the shoulder to cry on.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    I fantasize about sex with all my male friends. If I like a guy enough to make them my friend, sexual curiosity usually comes into play.

I don't act on it though. Never.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Not me. There is a separate zone for guys I might be willing to sleep with under different circumstances, that's not the friend zone. I think that's being "in the reserves".

Eeew. Just the thought of fantasizing about my male friends is kinda icky, like we're related.
    Spammer Spanker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast