+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Help with a tricky situation

Help with a tricky situation

Hi I am new here and I am in a difficult situation right now and I would like some advice on how to handle it.

I am in a situation where I have basically been getting to know a girl I quite like for some time and after knowing her for about a month I asked her out and now we are "together". The problem is that its hard to really understand that. She is always willing to talk to me and keep me company but it only seems like its a last resort if her other good "friend" isn't around. I have talked to her about him and she insists that its because she and him are really close friends but she always says that she has never thought of him as anything more than a friend. This other guy is my friend too but every time she is talking with him or hanging out I just get jealous of it and it drives me nuts. She never pays attention to me the same way when she's with him.

I guess what I am asking for is some advice on how to fix this so that I don't always feel like a last resort for her attention. Its quite clear that she enjoys hanging out with him more than I do but I'm her boyfriend and that doesn't seem right so I don't know how to handle it. I don't know what to do about it so if anyone can advise me I'd greatly appreciate it. If there's anything important I didn't mention just ask. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanemac12 View Post
    I don't know what to do about it so if anyone can advise me I'd greatly appreciate it. If there's anything important I didn't mention just ask. Thanks.
    It's a tricky situation. You don't want to be the jealous / clingy boyfriend

What kind of things do they do when they meet? If I were you I'd simply accompany them so all could spend time together doing fun things
    Don't cry, don't regret and don't blame
    Weak find the whip, willing find freedom
    Towards the sun, carry your name
    In warm hands you are given
    Ask the wind for the way
    Uncertainty's gone, your path will unravel
    Accept all as it is and do not blame
    God or the Devil
    ~Born to Live - Mavrik~

I have in the past accompanied them. They don't do anything that two friends wouldn't just hang out and have fun. I don't like going with them all the time though, I don't feel that I can be the same way when he is around as I can when its just her and I.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    If she is willing to allow you to tag along with her at will, then I don't think you have much to worry about. However I don't think you should tag along with her all the time. It will make you look clingy and insecure.

If you don't trust her to behave herself, you should break up with her. If you recognize this is just your own issue, then keep it to yourself or find another girlfriend who doesn't make you feel jealous.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

I don't think the fact that she hangs out with the other guy is the problem. I think the problem is that she wants to hang out with the other guy more often and the boyfriend feels as though the girl has more fun with the other guy. That's the problem.

In my opinion, when you are in a relationship, the person you are in the relationship with should be the first person on your list of priorities. If you can't do that, then you shouldn't be in a relationship.

I can definetly relate to that one, can't really advice on anything right now...