+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Moving up in the world

Moving up in the world

Well people I'm moving up in the world. I now have two jobs. One is pushing shopping carts and the other is carpet laying. I'm doing 8am till 2pm for the carpet laying and the start pushing carts at 2:30 pm and work untill 9pm. Its a bit of hard work and a really long day but all I'm thinking about is the $$$. Ill be pulling in roughly about $600 to $700 (australian dollers) a week from both jobs put togther. I'm giving myself a pat on the back for this achivment. *pats own back*
    TJ the µß3R Trance Junkie

I'm glad you are happy about your jobs. A lot of people aren't happy about what they do. Sometimes it's the attitude you bring towards the work you do that determines whether it's great or just dreadful.

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    It's always nice to see young people who are willing to work hard. So many lazy people out there....
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?

Well I have been fired from a few times for "bludgeing" and I have relised I haven't had much money each week to spend on myself or my gf. So I thought to myself... "if I get another job and work my guts out I will make a fare amount of money" so I got this other job (laying carpets) and I worked my arse off. I'm only 19 and this is a huge achivment for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Wigglz View Post
    Well I have been fired from a few times for "bludgeing"
    Heh? What's that?
    Spammer Spanker

Errm not doing anywork and or looking busy but not doing anything

Tone Guest
    Way to go, Wigglz!

Thanks heaps. It means a lot to me. Hopfully my girl with notice that I'm trying

I'm thinking about leaving my shopping cart job. The boss there treats me like shit. I gave him a call early this morning to tell him I have to stay back at a job for the carpet laying. We are working in a hospital at the moment. And he was being a total douche bag about it. Saying that I can come and do my shift and I kept telling him that I can't do it. We argued for about 10 minutes while I was at the job and I had enough of him. I told him that I can't do the shift and that's final and hung up on him. He forces me to do work that I can't do. He tried to force me to work when I had torn a muscle in my back and we had a fight over the phone while I was still at the doctors. He pretends that he cares and then when somthing gose wrong he turns into a arsehole. What should I do. I don't know if the carpet laying job will be permanent as the guy I'm working with dosnt know aswell. He said that I shouldn't quit my other job but he is going to do his best to make it work for me. What can I do? I'm tired of being treated like shit. I need advice please

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Torn muscle, another job... excuses, excuses. He pays you to work. Maybe you really did have a torn muscle. Maybe you really couldn't work. But if you're missing days because of your other job, or because you had a flat tire, or because your alarm clock didn't ring or whatever other excuse you pull out of your hat, he's got a right to get pissed.

If you can't handle two jobs then maybe you need to think about quitting one, dude.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

Yea but he treats me like crap. I gave him a call early in the morning so he can organise somone else to do my shift.

^ Do you not understand the excuse "I can't do my shift because I'm working somewhere else" isn't doing you any favours? If you're missing your shift because of your other job it just demonstrates to your boss that your priorities lie somewhere else. He should fire your ass and get someone who CAN do the job. Because at the end of the day, that is what you're paid for.
    Live together. Die alone - [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lvi_RCM3FAM[/url]

vashti is offline Hot love muffin guru
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Yeah, bosses aren't paid to care about your other obligations. They have a job, too. It is to make sure the shopping cart job is done 100% of the time. Maybe if you wantto keep both jobs, you can roll one back to part time so the start time for one doesn't come anywhere near the end time for the other.
    Relax... I'll need some information first. Just the basic facts - can you show me where it hurts?