+ Follow This Topic

Thread: Hot headed Ebay Customer (pretty funny I think)

Hot headed Ebay Customer (pretty funny I think)

I'm selling whatever I can on Ebay. And this is a pretty funny story. Someone recently won an auction of mine for an RF Modulator. So they asked me on the 18th how much they owe (like a day after the auction ended). I responded with the total on the 19th. I lost track of time and sent an email today asking them whether they had sent the payment and I just wanted to know because I haven't received it yet. I also stated (yes, perhaps stupidly) that I'll give the money order about another week to arrive but if it didn't arrive by then I'd have to file with ebay that they didn't pay. (I've been burned by an Ebay buyer before and therefore want to avoid it again this time). I even put in a statement telling them in plain words that "I don't mean to judge or anything, however I do want to cover myself while I can"

The response I got was in all caps (internet YELLING!!!! ) "IF THERE IS A MONTH LIMIT, WHY ARE YOU HARASSING US ALREADY WITH IN 3 DAYS??? MAYBE WE SHOULD FILE A GRIEVANCE ON YOU.

WHEN YOU GET THE MONEY TODAY, MAYBE YOU CAN SEND AN APPOLOGY NOTE TO US." I don't know. Maybe I'm wrong, but don't you think this is a little over the top for a response? The accusation of 'harrassment', the 'threat', and the asking for the 'apology'?

Anyways, I replied right away (apologizing several times) and explaining that I didn't mean it to be harrassment, I wasn't judging, and that I simply lost track of time and didn't realize that it had only been three days. I also took the initiative to explain that it wasn't meant as harrassment and hopefully they can understand that one email asking where the payment is shouldn't qualify as harrassment.

I don't know. I felt like telling the story. I had to apologize to avoid any 'negative feedback' (which means that the sellers have to kiss a lot of ass pretty much. Especially when you don't have a lot of positives to back you up and are just starting to sell stuff like me)

Alexi

omg. what jerks that person is. the have issues. when my family uses ebay then get emails asking when they plan to send out the payments etc so they can have it ready for shipment once recieved.

alexi just tell yourself they are the loosers. they don't know curtsy if it was slapped in their faces.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

Yeah. I mean I can understand being a little upset or shocked that I sent it three days after they said they'd sent it (once again I lost track of time), I thought there was no reason to react like THAT. Simply say, "It's in the mail. It should be there tomorrow or the day after."

Bet I get 'neutral' feedback at best with these people. They just seem like they're gonna be out to get me for being such a prick saying that if it doesn't arrive within a week I'm gonna have to file with ebay.

Alexi

From now on, I'm gonna state a clause in my auctions saying that if I don't receive payment within 10 days I'll consider the transaction null and void and will automatically file a complaint with Ebay. That way I can avoid all this crap and just see if they pay by the tenth day.

I heard of people putting those clauses up. I don't deal with ebay myself, but i heard stories. Especially some weird crazy stuff being sold.
    (question and answer of the day)

why put on this macho thing?

hello... why do you think they are the stronger species??? its the male ego. all have it. it's when they use it. lmao

hell and they wonder why there are so many lesbians today.

i think they all must of watched this movie in grade school while we watched that horrible "puberty movie" and theirs was "what to say to a girl....by men, for men"

I heard some guy sold a half eaten sandwhich on ebay for like $15

LMAO

Follow up on that email....

They replied apologizing. It was the person's MOTHER who responded to my email in all caps (apparently that's how she types) and the person apologized for that response by someone else. They also said that they use the same email account.

Alexi