+ Follow This Topic

Thread: problems with the girlfriend

problems with the girlfriend

Hi peeps,

I have problems...

My girlfriend has recently gone weird on me...

She's done this several times to me in the past but we've always managed to work it out in the end. Some of you may know my history from previous threads...

We have had the best time recently; spending time together, going out, relating to eachother, being intimate etc. then all of a sudden she tells me that she can't get over someone she had falled in love with previously...

Her and this guy are friends and he said to her on msn that he was going away for a month to be with his girlfriend....
    When that happened; I could sense a change in her personality when she was talking to me and I asked her what was up...
    She didn't tell me initially but i got it out of her...she says that she feels weird because:

a) she cant get over that the guy doesnt feel for her in that way and that he is with someone else
    b) she said she can never tell anyone about me because of our age difference
    c) she said she doesn't know if she can ever feel for me that way

I told her it takes time from what we had been through to get to that stage...but she says that we've had enough time and she is still looking for that 'something' from someone???

What do I do? I'm a mess again...

Sorry, but this relationship doesn't go anywhere. Clearly, there are problems.
    Don't expect anything.

bluesummer is offline Whatever.
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Dude, you are settling for being second best. Why are you doing this to yourself? Have some pride and leave her. She's just holding onto you until she can HAVE this other guy.
    Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever. - Mohandas Gandhi

Mathias is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Break up with her.

Tell her

With a straight face tell her that she should go out with the guy. Wait for her response, if she agrees. She was not good news to begin with. If she declines, (swears that you are her one and only) then wear the pants and tell her that she can dream up her little fantasies on her own time.

Honestly sweetie. She is just using you as a back up. I dont mean to be so blunt but you dont deserve to only be there when she wants you too. Tell her that if she feels that way about the other guy that maybe she should take time for herself to heal from whatever hurt she had before. Showing her that you do care about her feelings might help in the future if she wants to come back to you. If at all you do want her back.
    Last edited by davidsbabygirl; 06-06-08 at 02:00 PM. Reason: forgot to type something
    When life gives you lemons, shove em' in your bra and make your boobs look bigger!

Man asks his wife "Why do you wear a bra, you have nothing to put in it?" Wife responds " You were underwear dont you?"

Unfortunetly, hell had no vacancies! lol

She has told me that she wants to be on her own at the moment. I agreed...I did tell her that she needs time to heal...Is there anything else I can do? I miss being with her

Well The most advice I could give you is to be there for her as much as she will let you be. But live your life and take care of you as well. kind of be a good friend until she decideds what she wants. hope i helped ya out
    When life gives you lemons, shove em' in your bra and make your boobs look bigger!

Man asks his wife "Why do you wear a bra, you have nothing to put in it?" Wife responds " You were underwear dont you?"

Unfortunetly, hell had no vacancies! lol

IndiReloaded is offline Yawning
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Quote Originally Posted by bluesummer View Post
    Dude, you are settling for being second best. Why are you doing this to yourself? Have some pride and leave her. She's just holding onto you until she can HAVE this other guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mathias View Post
    Break up with her.
    You're the PlanB guy. Time to man up & face the music. Dump her before she dumps you. At least you'll feel better for having the guts to finish it first.
    Second thoughts can generally be amended with judicious action; injudicious actions can seldom be recovered with second thoughts.
    --Cyteen by C.J.Cherryh