+ Follow This Topic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: do guys like romantic gestures?

do guys like romantic gestures?

Ok so in a nutshell im going to canada to tell the love of my life that i still love him but thats not the point - dont worry i have thought this through for the past 5 years.
    The thing is if when i get over there and the feeling is going well i want to do something romantic for him for when I tell him that i still have feelings or him.
    do guys like that? and what sort of things do they really appreciate? he is a romantic, he used to write poems and letters and songs for me but its been a long time since ive seen him.
    just would appreciate your thoughts...

cheers
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

If he's your boyfriend, he would love it. But If he isn't...i find that guys tend to think they don't have to work hard to get you.

And you might want to make sure he's actually single. If he's in a relationship that will be extremely awkward for the both of you.

hes not in a relationship, that would be so awkward. we're not actually together but we have an amazing friendship. do you think he would appreciate it? or maybe it'll be a bit dramatic, i wasnt going to do something huge just small like a picnic or something. what do u think?
    "Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength; loving someone deeply gives you courage."

Gribble is offline Love Gurus
    Users Country Flag
    "Hot Love Pancake(s)"
    Don't do anything overly romantic if he's your friend. Break it to him gradually. If you go all out and blow your load he's liable to freak.
    God, so atrocious in the Old Testament, so attractive in the New--the Jekyl and Hyde of sacred romance.
    -Mark Twain

If people are good only because they fear punishment and hope for reward, then we are a sorry lot indeed.
    -Albert Einstein

okay cheers but does anyone have any suggestionsof things i could do??

Tedel Guest
    Something romantic for a man? Here a list of what I would consider romantic:

+ Dim lights.
    + Cook for me.
    + Give me one or two teaspoons of whatever you have cooked in my mouth.
    + Serve me a cocktail.

Not poems, please... femininity, sensuality... damn, I need a cold shower.

I recommend making dinner, giving him a CD of music that applies to your situation and give him a smokin' hot blow job. I am not kidding. Is this an option? I mean, are you both single and is hooking up a possibility?

I know it's totally crass, but full stomach, empty balls and something to remember you by is a recipe for success.
    Spammer Spanker

You should say some really nice things for him, men are very attached to their ego and we feel really good when that ego is being fed....

If you mean 'do guys like romantic gestures' in a dressing 'to kill' for him, moving sensually within his vision or touching/playing with him...then yes

Quote Originally Posted by hodgo View Post
    do guys like that? and what sort of things do they really appreciate? he is a romantic, he used to write poems and letters and songs for me but its been a long time since ive seen him.
    just would appreciate your thoughts...

cheers
    Allow me to pass on some ancient words of wisdom:

Tell him the following:

And he may just tell you:

Or even:

If that doesn't work.., always have a backup plan:

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

advice wanted is : stay away from un necessary gifts and if he has feelings for u, its him who should start it & not you.

Quote Originally Posted by clearskies View Post
    if he has feelings for u, its him who should start it & not you.
    ^^^ Rules girl.., if there ever was one..

I've always found that statement hilarious.., because along with that statement.., is the subcommunication that women are also more sensitive and understanding.., and that men are so selfish and consider only how they feel and don't care about the other person's feelings..

"If HE has feelings for YOU.., it's HIM who should start it.., not YOU"

implication:

"If she doesn't start it.., he doesn't have feelings for you!"

goal:

"to target your insecurities.., and motivate you to constantly see if he starts it first so that you can feel loved.., or at the very least.., not unloved.., making you forget something very important"

why not be fair and look at the converse for a second?

"If SHE has feelings for you.., it's HER who should start it.., not YOU"

Oh my.., what does that say about you dear? that statement sounds just as retarded.., selfish.., inconsiderate and unbalanced.., according to that theory.., you must not love him.., you must be someone who only expects to receive love and feel loved.., but never give love or allow the other person to feel loved.., there's a name for that..

Yes.., you can get defensive and try your very best to pretend and make an effort to justify against that somehow.., you can do that.., but you would be lying to yourself.., and the object isn't denial.., is it? the object is hopefully being a better person and stemming from that.., being in a better relationship.., not just for you.., but because you're a better person.., with a supposedly higher system of morals and more emotionally intelligent.., you have reached a certain level.., to consider not only your own self.., your own feelings.., but the feelings of the other person as well.., and you are so firmly at that higher level.., that you don't find yourself saying statements like that.., or allowing yourself to fall for the statements of miserable.., lonely.., and sexually frustrated women who feel unworthy and unloved.., and find it easier to give advice like that to other women.., advice that is false and attacks men "the source of their misery".., but nevertheless.., advice that is appealing to their insecurities.., and what they need to hear.., but that doesn't make it any more true or and less emotionally or morally inferior than it is..

clearskies.., every content that is out there.., be it on the internet or book form.., does not carry with it the force of "the truth" or "the reality of things".., this is especially true.., when you have to buy that information.., and it turns into a business.., when that happens.., it becomes a marketplace for ideas.., and the marketplace is willing to feed you.., anything and everything you want to hear.., you need to her.., so that you can feel a certain way.., they sell you hope.., so that you believe it.., because you need to believe it.., and so you buy it..

This is unethical on their part.., but business and ethics seldom mix.., don't allow yourself to be manipulated and come to believe what two sexually frustrated and very miserable and lonely women have come to write.., it's more a comical book expressing their frustration with how men have made them feel.., than it is a book holding any real or meaningful advice about men that would actually work.., (except for the "duh" chapters they needed to add it to give a sense of credibility and validity to the rest of the chapters.., "have sex and never mix up your sex life with any problems you are having.., it's hypocritical for you to want him to be loyal but at the same time use sex against him.., remember.., he can only have sex with one person and that person is you! don't give him any reason to change that mentality and start seeking sex elsewhere.., find some other way to take care of any problems" and "be easy to get along with")

It offers a beacon of hope for anyone who has lost hope.., at the expense of installing morally questionable ideas and behavior in the reader's mind.., the kind of ideas and behaviors that men would strongly object to.., and that's why they don't work.., and what ends up happening.., is that these women gather in "support groups" to give encouragement to other women about how "don't worry if they're not working yet.., if he loved you they would work.., he must just be looking for one thing if he's not willing to put up with someone not genuine and dishonest.., that must be it.., but this advice works.., don't worry.., i'm sure you'll find some desperate guy who doesn't stand a chance with any other women and who will be more than willing to tolerate this behavior from you.., I mean.., Mr. Right!"

I'm going to quote the "Outsiders" here and say.., "stay golden".., clearskies.., there's no reason for someone like you to be saying things like that.., everyone has dry-spells.., everyone feels like things are slow when they're actively looking.., but the less negative and more truthful your mentality is.., not just towards men.., but towards yourself and the nature of relationships.., the faster you'll invite and draw someone of quality into your life..

Best,

GrkScorp
    If you can't stop the Wind, then you can't stop the Storm.

Just don't overdo yourself

Do what feels natural. Don't hold back because of fear of him "freaking out." When it comes to love, the only way to do it is 100%.
    "Only losers quote themselves."
    [url]www.jarrodhalsey.com[/url]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast